Apple Releases macOS Mojave 10.14.2, Resolves 2018 MacBook Pro Issue With External Displays and Other Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 5, 2018.

1. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

I have but two (2) extremely minor bugs in Mojave that remain in 10.14.2....

1. Show All Tags... the list will not scroll to the very bottom unless I turn off Show Status Bar.
    2. Mail... VIPs will disappear if I have any e-mail(s) Flagged.

Otherwise, an extremely stable OS. I went over 30+ days without a restart in 10.14.1 so I'm glad 10.14.2 is tidying up a bit.

2. edenorchestra macrumors member

edenorchestra

Well now that's pretty funny . . .

3. goslowjoe macrumors member

goslowjoe

In the desert, surrounded by goats and camels
    Update went without a hitch. Downloaded the update on the iMac and its Content Caching allowed two MacBook Pro devices on the network to update immediately afterwards.

4. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

It really doesn't have that psychological impact on me.

5. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502a

Weird, I have like 50 emails flagged and my VIPs show fine. I did a fresh install though, previously my old MacBook couldn't even show flagged emails because the Spotlight index was hopelessly corrupted.

Wonder if a re-index would fix your issue?

6. typk macrumors newbie

Thunderbolt still doesn't work on the LG 34WK95U...

7. Marmee macrumors newbie

Marmee

I've downloaded the updates on both my MBP late 2014 and iMac late 2012. Everything's working fine!

8. Howard2k macrumors 68000

Howard2k

Second impressions?

9. norda72 macrumors newbie

norda72

But the 140.0.0.0.0, is it possible to install in Mac Pro 5.1 2012? I have 10.14.2 installed now but only 138.0.0.0.0.

10. Rickmaester macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Dec 10, 2018 ---
    I quit taking updates since last High Sierra . Every time I take new OS update , something doesn't work. I find beta testing is lacking. Now my mac wakeup time is very slow after last update . Reviews say my adobe cs5 won't work if I take Mojave. I love apple products but OS software coders need updating.

11. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Thanks, I have tried re-indexing, and the outcome is the same. VIP will disappear periodically if I have anything “flagged” in Mail.

I have three (3) MS Exhange accounts, two Gmail, and one iCloud in my Mail.app.

12. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502a

Having Exchange connected to my mail app has felt like a virus more often than not. That Microsoft ****. I have another hunch, maybe try temporarily disabling/disconnecting Exchange and see if the VIP thing clears up.

13. iOS Geek macrumors newbie

So far, so good! The update made quite a difference!

14. sliceoftoast macrumors 6502

sliceoftoast

Another emoji Apple seriously? We don't need any more

15. adhir macrumors newbie

Just use Terminal?

16. Ayalaj5 macrumors newbie

I’m new to this blog but if anyone on here can help is there anyway to restore an iMac to a previous time even after resetting the computer to factory settings. Long story short there is an iPhone back up I would like to get to since I lost photos on a iPhone I have to back up on.

17. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Exchange is an obtuse, bloated beast that I’m unfortunately saddled with for work. I think this was all the excuse I’ll need to migrate all my Exhange stuff to Outlook over the weekend and see what happens. Our IT ppl want everyone on Exchange to use Outlook, anyway. —the Outlook for iOS app isn’t half bad. I finally switched it a few weeks ago bc Exchange “hiccups” or stalls during sync a lot, holds up all my other accounts.

Meanwhile, I found one more tiny annoyance in in Mojave....

iCloud Drive. Share a file (ie. PDF) from iCloud Drive in macos finder with anyone who has the link and no password. —I click “Stop Sharing” in the share menu, it refuses to turn off.

I have to either switch it to “people I invite” or go to iCloud.com to get it to turn off. I tried it on another Mac (10.14.2 also) and in safe mode—no change.

In short, you can turn sharing on but not off through Finder anymore. —I use this infrequently so it’s not a showstopper.

18. LincolnsiPod, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502a

Preach, I %^&ing hate MS Office. And my job not only uses MS Office, they use it via... GoDaddy. Help me Jesus.

Since Mojave, I have a rogue mds_stores process that takes 100% of a CPU core just indexing and indexing and indexing and indexing, and because of it I can't search email or find my flagged emails either because this &@ing process flushes the Spotlight index every time. I keep wondering if it's all Exchange related, but because I can't even keep it inactive long enough to know for sure with all the important emails I have to respond to, I've been having to put it off until a weekend when i can keep it disabled for a day or two.

I swear if I find out this really was all Exchange related there's going to be lots of flaming dog **** bags being left at all the Microsoft offices I can find.

P.S. I'm also seeing my VIP emails "disappear" as well, and it's all Spotlight related. Whenever it finishes indexing, i get it back, and then it's gone again when the cycle begins again, Spotlight flushes the index, and then starts reindexing all over again. Nonstop loop, nonstop 100% mds_stores process. There are only like 5 minutes in the day when i can actually access my flagged emails or email sent via VIP. it's insane.

19. astaticjt30 macrumors newbie

astaticjt30

Hi all,
    os x 10.14.2 update crashes with kernel panic on my:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    anyone with the same issue?
    i tried combo update full download and via the Software updater...