Apple Releases macOS Mojave 10.14.3

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 22, 2019.

1. WILLIE WILL macrumors newbie

WILLIE WILL

Good morning i had the same problem on both my mac. So this is what i did ,my drives were formated in mac os extended journaled THATS THE PROBLEM that everybody is getting included me so i copied my drive to another that was formated as apsf problem solved rebooted my mac and installed the 10.14.3 on the new drive worked for both my mac .happy as mac & cheese :apple::)

2. Jes2510 macrumors newbie

Will this update help with iMessage issues??

Since downloading Mojave the first time, I've had an issue with not being able to send an iMessage from my mac. I can see them being sent or received on my mac but I can't actually type back and have it send. I've done everything I can think of to fix it (sign out of iCloud/iMessage on all devices, turned off all devices, all that nonsense). Any insight will be extremely appreciated.

3. ChrisChaval macrumors 6502

ChrisChaval

Just updated and checked: I did not run into this issue (MB Air 2017)

4. MacSaves macrumors newbie

There won't be any 'web' drivers. Nvidia doesn't have the same access to the OS that they used to. They have to go through Metal 2 to get it to work. Rumor has it that they have submitted their 'driver' code to Apple, but Apple refuses to green light it. Seems engineers are wanting to, but someone in management is holding it up over bad feelings towards Nvidia. Too bad Mac users like me are being shafted and I'm seriously considering buying a desktop PC to do my 3D work after being a Mac only person since 1988. I hate Windows, but I love my 3D and with Nvidia, my renders are 1100% faster. I have one render that takes over 3 hours without it and 11 minutes with it. Apple clearly is dropping the ball on this and doesn't care how their customers feel about it.

5. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

If your render is 1100% on a Nvidia gpu I would say there is something wrong with the program you are using anyway. AMD cards might be not as fast as Nvidia at the same price, but not 1100% slower.

6. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Compute performance of the Vega 64 is in the same ballpark as the 1080 Ti, and much faster in optimized macOS apps like FCP.

The fact is Nvidia won’t even list macOS support for the last 3 generations on their driver page because they are in a perpetual beta state. The web driver these people download is a beta and it isn’t a reliable one. Just google some keywords and you see 4 years of bugs and complaints.

When Nvidia announces official macOS supported products then everyone’s a winner.

7. sunapple macrumors 68000

sunapple

I would just try to update first, then look for other options.

8. bed macrumors member

I also confirm this! "FINALLY!" - one of the most annoying bugs!

9. kohlson macrumors 68000

For me, at least, that is not the reason. When trying to install the combo updater on my Mac Pro 4/5,1, all drives are noted as "...can't be installed on this disk." This includes both SSDs formatted to APFS and HDDs formatted as HFS+.
    I'll wait for a fix to the combo updater from Apple.

10. SteveW928 macrumors 65816

SteveW928

Depends on the application and what technologies it is using. The AMD/nVidia thing can be dramatically different, depending. CUDA-based software for example. But, don't some of the new nVidia cards have specialized ray-tracing hardware and stuff like that which would give an advantage right there?

11. chrfr macrumors 604

Just install the delta updater. If you really feel it’s necessary, you could download the full 10.14.3 updater from the App Store and use that, or install the combo updater on top of the delta updater. In the vast majority of cases there’s no need for the combo updater at all.

12. L Caputo macrumors 6502

L Caputo

You can still update your Mojave APFS installs using the Delta updates or the 10.14.2 Combo and then the 10.14.3 Delta.
    So if you are on 10.14.0 or 10.14.1 use the 10.14.2 Combo and then the 10.14.3 Delta. All can be obtained from here,
    https://support.apple.com/downloads/MacOS%20Mojave That said if you are running Mojave on an SSD with APFS you should be able to update directly using Software Update in System Preference.
    As for Mojave installs that are on HDs and have the HFS+ file system you cannot use Software Update. For the standalone updates the distribution file needs to be modified in the Volume check section. It's a bit of a faff. The other alternative is to download the full installer via the App Store and do an in place install.

13. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I am happy to report that after a clean install of 10.14.3 that I downloaded from Apple servers yesterday, the issue of disconnecting network seems to have gone away. At least for now. Will report in few more days to see if this survives couple of restarts and what not.

14. Easttime macrumors 6502a

That would be a huge Yahoo. I’ll give it a try on my struggling 2018 Mac mini.

15. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

What kind of issues are you facing?

16. Mihajlo961x macrumors newbie

Mihajlo961x

Hey everyone, I didn't know where else to post this. I have a 2015 MacBook Air with 10.14.2. I notice that ever since I upgraded to 10.14, anytime my screensaver comes on, it ends up disabling the Wi-Fi (so that when I unlock my computer, it has to re-connect). It's really annoying, and it didn't used to happen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

17. Easttime macrumors 6502a

Internet freezes over wifi and Trackpad bluetooth disconnects. I did a Mojave reinstall using Recovery partition so as to fully reinstall Mojave up to and including 14.3 and so far so good. We'll see.

18. kohlson macrumors 68000

Or, I can wait until Apple releases an Combo update that works. If they can't make it work, why should I try and work around it?

19. Easttime macrumors 6502a

I think a Recovery mode OS reinstall does the same thing as the combo. I did that this am. Only took 45 minutes.

20. SteveW928 macrumors 65816

SteveW928

This kind of thing was a really bad problem, especially with Apple laptops in the 2000s. I'm still not sure what the core issue was, and I'm really hoping it doesn't resurface again. My suspicion, was that different WiFi/BT components were used in certain models and production runs, and that in trying to address it, one update would make things better for some, and make it worse for others.

I've had a couple failures of WiFi to be active (requiring turning WiFi off/on) on my new 2018 Mac mini as well, and once it just disconnected on it's own and didn't reconnect. But, (knock on wood!) so far, it has only been those few times (in like 1.5 months)... so no where near as serious as these other reports.

Keep in mind, though, that there are lots of potential issues with WiFi and BT, which is why I typically recommend Ethernet and wired if possible. Wireless is great for convenience, but it kind of sucks in terms of reliability and robustness. Unfortunately, I'm in a situation right now where I can't run a wire... I'm thinking about trying Ethernet over power line, to see if I can make that work until I can resolve the situation. Also, sometimes my trackpad/mouse just freak out for a while, but then it seems to go away. I'm guessing maybe some kind of radio interference temporarily in the area?

21. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

You should run WiFi on the 5Ghz channel so it will avoid interferences from bluetooth and crappy USB 3 cables (yes, they can create interferences on the 2.4 Ghz channel).

22. macwinman macrumors newbie

macwinman

Apple has re-released the combo updater with an updated distribution list of compatible builds -- now includes 18C54 so it will run on 10.14.2.

var buildNumbersArray = '18A384a,18A389,18A391,18A2063,18B45d,18B50c,18B57c,18B67a,18B73a,18B75,18B2084,18B2103,18B2107,18B3094,18C31g,18C38b,18C48a,18C52a,18C54,18D21c,18D32a,18D38a,18D39a,18D42,18D43'.split(',');

23. mpainesyd macrumors 6502

mpainesyd

Installed fine on iMac Macbook. Subsequent Time Machine backup on the iMac was fast but the Macbook TM backup is huge and taking ages. Hopefully that is a once off.

24. tywebb13, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019

tywebb13 macrumors 68020

That last build number 18D43 is interesting.

The new combo seems to be the only way to get build 18D43. It doesn’t show up in the software update pane either if you are already on 18D42.

Those who happened to download the old combo can compare the dates for the two combo packages. There is a 9 day difference between them. Yet the combo page https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1992?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US still says January 22, 2019 with no indication whatsoever that it is in fact a new combo with a new build. The new combo actually was released several days AFTER January 22.

Also the full installer is still build 18D42! It is quite rare for a non-beta combo to have a higher build number than the full installer.

I rarely install combos but I installed the new combo over build 18D42 and indeed ended up with build 18D43.

25. kissmo macrumors 6502a

Worst update ever!
    My MBP15 2018 is sluggish and safari has issues with youtube videos in full screen. :(((