Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Does this fix the "Safari glitches out randomly" issue? Or just the fact that I can't even load e-bay in Safari anymore?

Don't get it why some people have issues with Safari, it has been rock solid for me since what... a few years and I have mostly 30 Tabs open.
No offence though, I am aware that there are people which do have problems but I think it might be due to extensions or some other problems like corrupted files, try to log into a new User Account and see if those problems exist there, if not you know it's something in your normal User Account which messes thing up, like Safari Preferences or Caches or Extensions.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Don't get it why some people have issues with Safari, it has been rock solid for me since what... a few years and I have mostly 30 Tabs open.
No offence though, I am aware that there are people which do have problems but I think it might be due to extensions or some other problems like corrupted files, try to log into a new User Account and see if those problems exist there, if not you know it's something in your normal User Account which messes thing up, like Safari Preferences or Caches or Extensions.
It's been the case on every Mac I've used that's updated to Sierra (at least 3 different machines from 2011 to 2015). Have you visited eBay since the update? Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Because something on the back end flips the heck out whenever I do. Most sites are fine, otherwise, but with eBay it's every time.

superberg

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
As for the naysayers and Negative Nancy's in this thread so far, I hope you can someday find and appreciate the positive things in life.

Yeah, everyone! Stop being a downer when you know it's your fault for clicking update! Be positive -- Apple will release new computers this week to replace the one that isn't working now!

netsped

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
That will be fixed by the faster Macs being introduced in a couple days :)

It's sad knowing that it's kind of true. My 13" mid 2014 rMBP felt like it was older after a clean install of Sierra. Scrolling and animations were so slow and choppy.

I had to downgrade to El Capitan and now it feels as fast as always.

The funny thing is that I also have a mid 2012 13" MBA and Sierra is working great on it, even after just upgrading on top of El Capitan.

I guess I'll try to install Sierra 10.12.1 on a new partition and see if it performs better.

Reactions: alvindarkness

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
No.... as I understand it, that bug is due to a problem in the driver for the Fujitsu scanner and you need an updated Sierra-compatible driver to fix that. (At least, that was the story for the ScanSnap S1500m I use.)

What I *do* know, however, is that the latest version of Mariner Paperless (v2.3.6) has a bug with Sierra that causes it to crash every time you close out of a Preview window, after double-clicking on a document to view it.

I contacted support and was told that was due to a bug in Sierra they were waiting on Apple to patch (hopefully in this 10.12.1 release), and that they'd release a v2.3.7 to take advantage of the fix as soon as Apple did their part.

As a regular Paperless user, this will be a very welcome update.... Getting really irritated with the app crashing every single time I close a Preview window.

Does anyone know if 10.12.1 fixes the PDF-corruption bug present in Sierra for PDFs created by Fujitsu scanners?

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
It's sad knowing that it's kind of true. My 13" mid 2014 rMBP felt like it was older after a clean install of Sierra. Scrolling and animations were so slow and choppy.

I had to downgrade to El Capitan and now it feels as fast as always.

The funny thing is that I also have a mid 2012 13" MBA and Sierra is working great on it, even after just upgrading on top of El Capitan.

I guess I'll try to install Sierra 10.12.1 on a new partition and see if it performs better.
My 2012 MBA is the same... Sierra runs smooth as silk on it.
I also have a 2011 iMac, a 2013 iMac, and a 2015 4k iMac. The 2011 runs Sierra just fine. The 2013 is similar.
But the 2015 4k iMac sucks. Beach balls everywhere.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Willi Hauschild

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
It's to bad, that the s/mime bug in mail is not fixed. Attachements like pictures appear as qestionmark. Same mail on iOS shows up the picture properly.

sapbasis

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Updated Macbook Air 2013 and it totally f*cked up. All apps except App store are crashing, even spotlight search crashes...

I have a MacBook Air 2013, updated with no problems. I've tested several apps, from Apple, Microsoft, and others with no problems. Were you previously running the latest Beta and upgrade to the GA version?

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
I have a MacBook Air 2013, updated with no problems. I've tested several apps, from Apple, Microsoft, and others with no problems. Were you previously running the latest Beta and upgrade to the GA version?
I have never signed up for beta testing or anything else.

Willi Hauschild

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
Mail (s/mime) has same error as before. Sending ist ok (will see attachements like pictures properly on iOS). Mail itself shows picture attachement only as questionmark.

Reactions: columbiaDweller
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.