Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple yesterday released a new iPad commercial, airing it on primetime television and posting it to the company's iPad site and YouTube page.

The ad features a series of quick shots showing off various capabilities of the device paired with related adjectives shown in text to go along with the "iPad is..." theme: delicious, current, learning, playful, literary, artful, friendly, productive, scientific, and (of course) magical.

In May, Apple debuted an iPad ad that harkened back to a nearly 20-year-old campaign for the company's Newton personal digital assistant device. We wondered whether Apple would continue with the Newton-styled iPad ads, the company has moved away from that theme with its new ad.

Article Link: Apple Releases New 'iPad is Delicious' Commercial

oahazmatt

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
So we finally do have computers that are "moist and chewy, like cake", just as Jerry Seinfeld enquired?

Comment

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Great ad, shows off what the device can do very nicely. I only wish Apple would make Mac ads that show off the goodness of owning a Mac too...

Comment

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
Every time I hear the word Magical, I die a little inside.

It's not frickin magical. It's a computer. I use and enjoy my 64gb 3G iPad regularly - and it is many things - but Magical is not one.

Comment

epictempo

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Nice ad, makes me want one again! Hoping for the 7" since the 10" was a bit too big for me. (That's what she said, yeah yeah)

Comment

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
$9.99 SUCKA!!!! ha ha ha. PSP ad was way better, not going to buy a PSP, but the ad was good.

Comment

Schizoid

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
UK
also worth mentioning that if you have your iPad handy, and you're at a function, you can walk over to the buffet and pile loads of sarnies and sausage rolls onto it...

helps if you have the "virtual doily" app though for maximum authenticity

Comment

martynmc7

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
also worth mentioning that if you have your iPad handy, and you're at a function, you can walk over to the buffet and pile loads of sarnies and sausage rolls onto it...

helps if you have the "virtual doily" app though for maximum authenticity

Hahaha, that gave me a good giggle!

Comment

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004

It's not frickin magical. It's a computer. I use and enjoy my 64gb 3G iPad regularly - and it is many things - but Magical is not one.

It's magical, man, it really is. It's a magical computer.

Comment

martynmc7

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
Great ad, shows off what the device can do very nicely. I only wish Apple would make Mac ads that show off the goodness of owning a Mac too...

Here here! They'd sell a ton more Macs if they did that, hell, just showing some people Expose is enough to impress, and that feature has been on the Mac since 2003!

Comment

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
I love iPad commercials.
Looking at that Newton ad from 20 years makes me giggle where the iPhone is at now ;) Call me fanboy but really just a tech fanboy. I dont care who comes up with these things I just love it when were at least moving forward in tech :)
P.s. my iPad is close to replacing newspaper in the morning at breakfast table ;)

Comment

macjock

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008

Magic - any extraordinary or mystical influence, charm, power, etc.

Comment

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Great ad!

Attachments

• 070810_haters_gonna_hate_3.jpg
    070810_haters_gonna_hate_3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 105
Comment

pauld

macrumors regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Featuring the music of the one and only Chilly Gonzales!

!ENTERTAINMENT IS WAR!

Comment

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland

They know if they use the word magical, the stupid people will go for it, same reason Microsoft have started the 'Thinking of buying a Mac?' page.

Comment

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
The Astronomy app they show at the end is awesome and works exactly as shown. As an Astronomy buff, that app is "magical".

Comment

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008

Give me a break.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.