Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omro

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2010
- Finder Window - Finally fixes the finder window bc every time i opened, tabbed, or clicked on another folder i would have to adjust the columns, not anymore.

Is there a way to set a default column size throughout all folders?

Did they update iPhoto with better Facebook integration?

Any updates to iBooks? Moving the books to iBooks lost some useful features, like the ability to drag a book out of iTunes for use on an ereader when there's no drm and the ability to export a book list.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I was also hoping or sea lion. In fact when I first heard it I thought it was a great name :).

Mavericks sounds stupid to be honest. Also wouldnt have minded a space themed name.. Oh well.

jonathanlaniado

macrumors member
May 13, 2012
First thing I see when I open iBooks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 1.08.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 1.08.11 AM.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 999

quactaur

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007

The ibooks app still needs a hell of a lot of work. Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it from the GM and released it separately.

I've only had a quick play and already it's asking me if i want to sync with 'null' and uses a single 'You must authorise this computer to read this book' prompt even when I authorise the computer without choosing a book (i.e. through the menubar).

That's before we get to the store-front's poor scaling. The rest of this build seems fantastic, but ibooks may be better off as an App store update.

randallpjenkins

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
Messages still has no "Alert" tab in preferences which still seems weird and at this stage intentional. I miss IM's like crazy on this machine (which I basically use for Email and IM).

Zakareas

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Airplay

Has anyone tried mirroring anything to their Apple TV since DP6 was released? I think it broke it for me, screen remains black, and there's nothing that can fix it.

Wondering if it's a bug of DP6 or if somethings wrong with my setup :S

Dokter_Mac

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2005
Huge memory leak on MacBook Air 2011...

Hi.
This is the first DP with problems on my test hardware (A late 2011 MacBook Air)! This version is eating memory so fast that in a few minutes the Air freezes...

My hardware is a build to order Core i7 @ 1.8GHz (With TurboBoost over 2.2GHz), 4Gb of RAM and a 512Gb SSD.

I've checked how fast it's eating/leaking RAM when the OS is 'idle' after a restart and I never seen such numbers? +-200Mb/sec!!! The CPU load is of course also very high! +-70% on all 4 cores!

Anyone else here with this problem?

Thanks in advance and sincerely.

macnisse

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I'm looking forward to Mavericks. That being said:

1) Tabbed Finder should have been here years ago.

2) Dual Monitor Capability for Full Screen Mode should have been implemented with the debut of the Full Screen Mode in the first place. Going full screen and having all your other monitors go grey is so ridiculous it should be considered a bug and patched in the Lions.

Yes!!

moxin

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
wouldn't it be great if Apple updates openGL to 4.4.
one can only dream :rolleyes:

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
The ibooks app still needs a hell of a lot of work. Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it from the GM and released it separately.

Dunno if it's just me but iBooks is really screwing with my pdfs and with Preview. After I open a pdf in full-screen with iBooks and reboot my Preview becomes unusable and it can no longer load any pdfs unless I delete the container file in the ~/library. DP6's Preview is a mess on my system, and it only happens with the pdfs imported into iBooks when put in full-screen mode after a reboot... If I move those pdfs out of the iBooks folder everything works normal again so I suspect it's something with the way iBooks is sandboxed.

Last edited:

jwm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Redondo Beach, California
Anyone know what build iBooks had in DP5? It's version 1.0 build 140 in DP6 so I don't know if there were any changes. I haven't noticed anything new and it's still very buggy.

Keychain sync now working properly in DP6 (and I'm not a developer)

DP5 was build 130. I have noticed significant improvements in the new build; my entire music library doesn't show-up anymore, which really put a strain on the iBooks app.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
DP5 was build 130. I have noticed significant improvements in the new build; my entire music library doesn't show-up anymore, which really put a strain on the iBooks app.

Well I'm glad there has been some improvement...

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2012

In no particular order:
Tabbed Finder
Multiple Monitors
Longer battery :)eek:)
Better performance due to memory compression magicness

Really - whats not to want ? I pay what 50 ?? and get my machine boosted like I just spend 300 on upgraded hardware.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I was also hoping or sea lion. In fact when I first heard it I thought it was a great name :).

Mavericks sounds stupid to be honest. Also wouldnt have minded a space themed name.. Oh well.

Sea Lion?? Are you crazy. That would of even the worst choice. Sounds awful.

Mavericks grows on you.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Sea Lion?? Are you crazy. That would of even the worst choice. Sounds awful.

Mavericks grows on you.

Yeah, that would have sounded tacky at this point. I like the new direction they are taking, and they are taking it at the right time. 2013 marks a new era for software at Apple.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
Messages still has no "Alert" tab in preferences which still seems weird and at this stage intentional. I miss IM's like crazy on this machine (which I basically use for Email and IM).

I'm not running Mavericks, but could you explain what you mean by it not having an "Alert" tab?

sorinc03

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2009
I can't seem to see DP6 in my purchases list. I see DP4, however, which is weird given that I installed Mavericks during DP5. Do I have to install DP4 and then DP6? Why?

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
I can't seem to see DP6 in my purchases list. I see DP4, however, which is weird given that I installed Mavericks during DP5. Do I have to install DP4 and then DP6? Why?

It was under updates tab not purchases for me. Nothing coming up in the updates tab?

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
As an aside, I see nothing special about Mavericks. Perhaps I haven't read deeply enough into it, but none of the new features seem interesting to me at all.
Same here. There are some performance tweaks, but beyond that (as a single screen user) I don't see many killer features really on a end-user level. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.