Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases the Magic Trackpad

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

As predicted by leaked photos and FCC registrations, Apple has released the Magic Trackpad today.
The new Magic Trackpad is the first Multi-Touch trackpad designed to work with your Mac desktop computer. It uses the same Multi-Touch technology you love on the MacBook Pro.
The new accessory supports a full set of gestures, including two-finger scrolling, pinching to zoom, rotating with your fingertips, three-finger swiping and four finger recognition.

The Magic Trackpad connects via wireless Bluetooth and is powered by two AA batteries. Apple has also launched a Battery Charger to keep charged AAs ready for use. The Magic Trackpad sells for $69.00 and is shipping immediately.

Article Link: Apple Releases the Magic Trackpad

EnigMoiD

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2007
Meh, seems like the magic mouse had all this, but it was a mouse, too! Still, pretty cool, not that I'd get one.

Comment

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
Wow...sweet. I hope you can 3 finger and 4 finger click too.

I think I may replace my Magic Mouse with this. Its nice, but its not ergonomic at all.

EDIT: This thing does click right?

EDIT2: Yes, it does click.

Comment

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Okay, so does the ENTIRE surface click, literally, or just the bottom part with a hinge at the top, like in the MacBook Pros? So could I click and drag with only my index finger at the TOP, or do I have to press the bottom with my thumb while dragging, (if I don't want to use the software Drag Lock thing)?

Comment

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I wonder if it magically devours batteries like the Magic Mouse?

( The magic mouse has the worst battery life I've ever known. Still, its a great mouse )

Comment

MrCubes

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
I've been waiting for this (or something like it) for years!
It's just what my living room has been missing.

Currently I have to get a remote connection from my iPad or laptop - which is very irritating when you're in living room mode.

Comment

Corey213

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I hate laptop track pads, I don't know why people would want these for their macs

Comment

Markisss88

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
hmmmm pretty cool, i dont think id buy one though. i like my mouse, could feel kind of weird.

Comment

murkurb

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
To everybody that will buy the magic trackpad, what do you hope to gain out of it? What will you use it for? What new ways of doing things may come about from this new product?

Comment

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
To everybody that will buy the magic trackpad, what do you hope to gain out of it? What will you use it for? What new ways of doing things may come about from this new product?

Getting this thing. Using it with the ipad!! I HATE THE MAGIC MOUSE, and it would be cool to remove myself from my mbp keyboard and trackpad.

Does anyone know if it is in the stores?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.