Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
Apple sure does look like a phone company with that graph.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm just sayin'.

L-Viz

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2017
Apple "services" is basically money out of nothing. Like those "free" games that you download, and after hours, you buy the in game 30.000 crystals pack for 99.95$.

Much harder to sell a decent set of CPU, GPU,RAM,HDD in a box, much harder gain profit from actual things than fantasy products, which have production costs of zero and 100% win margin...

saintstryfe

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
The beautiful irony here is how TC is as diametrically opposed to #45 on just about every social issue imaginable yet reaps what is likely the most substantial of all rewards from the tax plan and of course uses the money to buy back stock.

Elon Musk might have principles and might accomplish something significant like many consider Steve Jobs did. TC, instead, is interchangeable with just about any other CEO aside from lip service to a few social issues.

So, the CEO just had a huge profit quarter and your complaint is.... what?

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
But it's going to be harder than usual to get me to invest this much money again. What could they possibly bring in the next few iPhones, that would get me to upgrade for that price again?

Seems like a short "victory".

I don't think Apple needs X owners to buy X+1 in large numbers. There are hundreds of millions of 6, 6s and 7 users out there right now. They need those users to buy X+1.

Reactions: ConfusedChris

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Should've colored the iPhone sales in the pie chat yellow. The Apple Pacman is gobbling up all of Apple's other divisions.

Yet another report that shows clearly why innovation and offerings in their desktop line-up is LOW priority and continuously frustrating for the few desktop end-users left.

That pacman would have it's mouth open 61%. :). Look at the growth of the other stuff!

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Apple "services" is basically money out of nothing. Like those "free" games that you download, and after hours, you buy the in game 30.000 crystals pack for 99.95$.

Much harder to sell a decent set of CPU, GPU,RAM,HDD in a box, much harder gain profit from actual things than fantasy products, which have production costs of zero and 100% win margin...
Sounds like smart business, if you ask me. You over simplify this drastically, of course, but they're not stupid. The PC market for them is not the best use of their time and energy anymore, and they've made a good pivot.

Reactions: centauratlas

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
I would love to have a reason to buy a new Macbook.
The problem is: Computers nowadays don't get slow as fast as they used to. Intel is barely making any progress and SSDs were already fast enough for any daily task years ago.

My MacBook Retina is from 2012 and not slowing down one bit. I have never had a PC for such a long time....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.