Apple Reports Q3 2019 Results: $10B Profit on $53.8B Revenue, Highest June Quarter Revenue Ever

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
It's crazy how something as unimportant as "Wearables + Accessories" or "Services" each make as much revenue as the Mac. You can get many of these services fro free from Google, and you can definitely live without iCloud or Apple Music, while the Mac is something that can earn you a living if that's what you do.

I do hope Apple's strategy for the Mac stops being "just double the price every 6 months" because that isn't going to work forever.

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
It's crazy how something as unimportant as "Wearables + Accessories" or "Services" each make as much revenue as the Mac. You can get many of these services fro free from Google, and you can definitely live without iCloud or Apple Music, while the Mac is something that can earn you a living if that's what you do.

I do hope Apple's strategy for the Mac stops being "just double the price every 6 months" because that isn't going to work forever.
Considering doubling in price isn't happening in the first place it's hard to read anything more out of your post. Google is a cancer.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011

When was/is this Apple’s strategy?

falainber

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2016
Wild West

I do not think Apple music or wearables bring a lot of money. As I understand, primary profit making services are: App Store fees and subscriptions (not necessarily for Apple services, Google pays Apple $9B every year for featuring its search on iOS) and Apple Care.

Reactions: ROGmaster

cmaier

macrumors G5
Jul 25, 2007
California
Maybe the folks in every thread who insist how apple is doomed because they won’t put usb-a ports back on macs, they haven’t gotten rid of the notch, iPads cost too much for ram increments, or whatever their pet peeve is will go away for awhile?

No, didn’t think so.

realtuner

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
Only if "makes" here stands for profits (which is a correct use of the word). But it's not that simple. This quarter Huawei had US$58.26 B in revenues which is higher than Apple. If they reinvest the profits (and being a growth company, they do) this would lead to lower profits.
You're wrong. That was revenue for the first 2 quarters, not a single quarter.

Edited: I see you realized your numbers were wrong.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Subscriptions are up 16% quarter over quarter.

Tim also said Apple took pricing action in China. All products grew sequentially in China.

Reactions: Baymowe335

blairh

macrumors 68040
Dec 11, 2007
iPhone down 12%. Huge drop. Hopefully this means lower prices in the future.

s54

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012

To be fair, I cannot live without iCloud.

I tried. Every other service alike just sucks. iCloud is seamless and totally idiot-proof, which is what I want.

It saved my a$$ many times without me even realizing it.

s54

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Maybe the folks in every thread who insist how apple is doomed because they won’t put usb-a ports back on macs, they haven’t gotten rid of the notch, iPads cost too much for ram increments, or whatever their pet peeve is will go away for awhile?

No, didn’t think so.
lol

Now that would be awesome. There’s no shortage of haters and trolls on every Apple-related discussion board.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada

No, didn’t think so.
They should have never removed the floppy drive and ADB ports. /s

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
apple stays winning...

i predict the iphone sales will decrease again next year since the 2019 rumors aren't very compelling.

2020 might see a jump back up.