Apple Rumored to Unveil 10.5-Inch iPad Pro at Early April Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 13, 2017.

1. sidewinder3000 macrumors 6502

sidewinder3000

Are you being serious? Or are you satirizing people who make pointless/vapid comments on MacRumors?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017 ---
    Demonstrably false.

2. HJM.NL macrumors 6502a

HJM.NL

File management; real multitasking; multi user capabilities; font management; pencil support for all 'Pro' applications; better connectivity with third party devices; USB C; more icons than on a small phone screen and lots more

3. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

Definitely multi user accounts so that an iPad can be shared among different users.

4. HJM.NL macrumors 6502a

HJM.NL

I would say neither...because both are pricey and limited today. Keep your money in your pocket for the time the content for the devices gets more useful. iOS is crippling an iPad Pro and lag of 4K is crippling a 4K tv.

My humble opinion :cool:

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

It has touch rejection technology. Maybe they've perfected it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017 ---
    Actually the phone and icloud is what brings the experience together.

6. HJM.NL macrumors 6502a

HJM.NL

It should replace our Macs, according to Cook. It's the future of computing. Well mr. Cook, why can't it do at least the same thing or better than my 2009 iMac I keep for back up? Is this the reason you don't update Mac hardware in the hope you might eventually replace it with an iPad? Sigh :(

7. sidewinder3000 macrumors 6502

sidewinder3000

Thanks for reminding us what order the months appear on the calendar—GTK!

For the record, NO ONE means "April" when they say "later this year" in March. No one. Ever.

8. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

What the + aspects of this!?

9. newtestleper macrumors 6502

An MS Surface is on my wishlist for when the price returns from outer space.

As for your question, it was repeated in this thread from last year. The crux of it being the icon spacing and other "real estate" shortcomings. I haven't used an iPad for a couple of years, so the basis of my gripes have become a little hazy.

Someone always pipes up asking me to put on paper what I want to see, then gets defensive when they see people liking my comment and agreeing with me. There was even a poll about this very topic.

10. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

The plus aspect is enlargening the display size without increasing the overall size of the device in question.

However, an entirely bezelless iPad is not all that practical if you hold it in your hand because you inevitably block a portion of the display.

We'll see how successful this concept is when it comes out.

11. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

I like the sounds of the new 10.5 inch pro. I might go for it. Currently using the Air 2 which is a really nice machine but 64 GB is too small for my use these days.

12. yoxxer macrumors newbie

Bezel free - will look good, like the other Apple things. But how are we supposed to hold these devices? I have trouble holding an Air 2 for a longer period while reading in bed. You just have to balance it and get a grip somehow with your fingertips. Gives me cramps..

13. icymountain macrumors regular

I do, but every single of them has at least one quirk that makes it worse for some documents.

14. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

I'm using air 1 32gb :p I should be complaining.

15. LotusLord macrumors 6502

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    We have approximately 300 of them out throughout the state of Wisconsin every day, used to lookup product and enter sales orders as well as email, (limited) spreadsheet manipulation, presentations to customers. We came from Panasonic Toughbooks, and HP convertible tablets prior, and the iPads have been more reliable, last longer on a charge, and much easier to use for our staff. Obviously this won't be the case for everyone, but it's not at all uncommon in the beverage industry.

16. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

Youll need a cover to protect the ipad... Few people use ipads without cover

17. joy.757 macrumors regular

18. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Hope you are right if Apple is indeed going to remove bezels from devices. I guess Apple Pencil users are happy with the palm rejection but that is a different beast from inadvertent touches because there is nowhere to hold the iPad.

19. DCJ001 macrumors 6502

DCJ001

I use Office apps on my 12.9" iPad Pro without paying for a subscription.

20. brendu macrumors 68020

Yeah it's really not hard to see where apple's priorities are these days. The Mac desktop will get updated but less and less frequently until someday it just goes away. The writing is on the wall. I just hope this year brings massive iOS for iPad improvements since Apple considers it their computer for the masses.

21. myrhillion macrumors newbie

myrhillion

well.. hardware is an issue for a lot of us. Really hating their refresh cycles lately..

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 7.28.39 PM.png

22. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Reading this story I am reminded of a scene in A Few Good Men where Col. Jessup says: "Now, are these the questions I was really called here to answer? Phone calls and foot lockers? Please tell me that you have something more, Lieutenant."

So this is what's going to be revealed at the early April event, a different size iPad and a thinner bezel? Please tell me that you have something more, Apple.

23. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You don't know me very well then.

24. Tech198 macrumors G4

So, you have models, then Apple fills the gap with slighter smaller models with same features at the big brother..

I would have thought that would have made things more complicated when deciding which to get, not simpler... More choice i suppose. Still, i'll be watching on the edge of my bed.

25. MacHead84 macrumors 6502

MacHead84

I leave that up to your imagination. ;)