Apple Says Minor Screen Burn-In and Shifts in Color When Looking at iPhone X Off-Angle Are Normal

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 3, 2017.

1. fs454 macrumors 65816

This at low brightness in a dark room absolutely shows uneven, grainy texture that looks like image persistence. Best way I can describe it is the texture of the background of the old iOS 6 multitask area.

2. dch_neo17 macrumors member

The P2XL also had grain issues but they were visible on a white background. I just looked at the same image closely on my Note 8 and all I see is smooth grey, no grain or unevenness.

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Same here, just smooth grey looking at that image with my daily driver, an old Moto X I've used for years.

4. fs454 macrumors 65816

In a dark room at night, Lower than 20% brightness is a totally smooth gray for you on the Note?

Can any other X owners give this one a shot? My friend's X does the same as mine. It looks smooth when brightened.

5. dypeterc macrumors regular

Maybe perspective shift will help mitigate burn in

6. John_JD_Doe macrumors newbie

John_JD_Doe

In that picture you can see the rectangle in the right and down corner I mentioned earlier. What is it? I didn’t use any app with that pattern.

Attached Files:

7. dch_neo17 macrumors member

In a pitch black room, I checked all the way from 0% brightness to about 25% and it was smooth throughout on the Note 8, no grainy texture of any sort. Maybe Samsung reserved a better panel for the Note 8?

8. predation macrumors 6502a

It’s their flagship phone. I would assume their panel is the best and specifically designed for the s8 series.