MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Reliable sources indicate that Apple has released new builds of Mac OS 10.4.10 for testing. The build versions are reported as 8R208 for PowerPC and 8R2208 for Intel.

Areas of change include fixes involving Image RAW, WebCore JavaScript, and ImageCapture. Previous seeds had also addressed issues with mds and network home directories, and an issue with BSD.

MacRumors first posted that Mac OS 10.4 "Tiger" would receive another minor update on May 17th, with the first seed (8R205 PPC / 8R2205 Intel) showing up a day later.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
yes, it seems anything else that comes out means that leopard comes out sooner..... lets declare that every passing second means that leaopard comes sooner :rolleyes:

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
progress is always good. glad to see that they're working to improve Tiger and fix issues as much as possible before October.

Comment

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I feel strangely excited that this update could be coming out soon, but realistically it means nothing. It might be the first time an update has gone above .9, but it's not Leopard and I doubt will bring anything new to tide me over :(

Plus I don't think there are any bugs with my system, besides iTunes lowering the volume on every single song in my library last major update, so I can no longer hear them that well through my built-in speaker :p

Comment

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i hope they fix as many bugs and make as many improvements as possible. tiger has to last me a long time because i won't switch to leopard before 10.5.3 or later. i don't want to be the lab rat for a whole new OS.;)

Comment

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Apple Seeding 10.4.10

This is still Tiger not Leopard, this is probably because Leopard was delayed to October.

On the horizon refers to: with 10.4.10 on the way, Leopard is not that far off. The beta we'll be receiving on 6/11 will be less buggy than the GM of Vista :) Hopefully Apple will not find it necessary to be 'seeding' (pun intended) a 10.4.11 :p

Comment

timothyjay2004

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Two things that I hope this update will fix. 1) Optical Media: When I put it in the optical drive, burn to it using toast 8, and then eject it, the disk is often still appearing on the desktop even after the disk has been removed. If you put the disk back in, the desktop will show 2 disks. It's a little annoying to have to eject the disk twice.
2) When you delete music from iTunes, the music is placed into the trash, but you have to open the trash up before the file will appear. Meaning, when the file is deleted, the system doesn't recognize that it is in the trash and you can't empty it because mac os sees nothing there. The file only appears if you click the trash can and then, and only then, does the file appear in the trash to be disposed of. These issues have been on going for quite some time and never addressed...

Comment

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
No need to worry 'bout that

i hope they fix as many bugs and make as many improvements as possible. tiger has to last me a long time because i won't switch to leopard before 10.5.3 or later. i don't want to be the lab rat for a whole new OS.;)

Got Leopard running right now (9A410) - Smooth as butter, few glitches. I imagine it will be ready for prime time come September/October.

Comment

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Got Leopard running right now (9A410) - Smooth as butter, few glitches. I imagine it will be ready for prime time come September/October.

Sept/Oct release.Hmm.I'm hoping for a late Aug to mid-late Sept. release.
If the iPhone comes out with few or no bugs and the :apple: TV update is any indication this shows me Core Video and Animation is real close to done.

Comment

Analog Kid

macrumors 603
Mar 4, 2003
This probably got mentioned on an earlier 10.4.10 thread, but this is an indication of upcoming hardware to me. The bigger hardware changes are usually accompanied by a point rev.

Comment

coogee

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
Smooth as butter doing what?!! :eek: :apple:

I like your theory ^ that this point update suggest big hardware updates, we're all expecting them for sure.

Comment

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Is there any way for mere mortals to get their hands on these seeds?

I'd love to be able to test new versions of OSX and report bugs to Apple when I find them. But there doesn't seem to be a way for folks to volunteer to do that.

Why should I have to *pay* hundreds of dollars to help Apple test their software? They should be happy I'm willing to do it for free.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Is there any way for mere mortals to get their hands on these seeds?

I'd love to be able to test new versions of OSX and report bugs to Apple when I find them. But there doesn't seem to be a way for folks to volunteer to do that.

Why should I have to *pay* hundreds of dollars to help Apple test their software? They should be happy I'm willing to do it for free.

only if your a Developer.

Comment

kingofkolt

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2007
Boston, MA
It's kinda funny to see the difference between how Windows and Mac users react to OS updates. With Windows, it's "Oh God, another service pack?!" :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.