Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macropanda

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Earlier betas weren't stable enough for me, and I tried haha. I stopped at Beta 3 and went back to 15.x. Hopped back on at beta 7 and it's been super stable.
Does this fix the 240fps slow mo? All throughout iOS 15 my 13 Pro has been recording at 171fps. really hoping its fixed with this new iOS.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Seems a little odd they're still showing placeholder text in some places at this point, such as when changing the wallpaper. Or is this just a "me" problem?

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

CraigJDuffy

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
Last beta was flawless for me. Not sure how much more they can improve it on my end.
FindMy is totally broken for me in the latest beta for AirPods Pro at least. Hopefully it’s fixed but might need the AirPods beta firmware.

Ressayflex

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2020
An issue that has been in all the iOS 16 betas, including this one, is the lack of an ability to search for a group message thread in the “share to messages” option:

Click share anywhere where u can share something, click messages, search for a thread by group name, nothing pops up… this used to work prior to iOS 16

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
An issue that has been in all the iOS 16 betas, including this one, is the lack of an ability to search for a group message thread in the “share to messages” option:

Click share anywhere where u can share something, click messages, search for a thread by group name, nothing pops up… this used to work prior to iOS 16
Are any of the groups all iOS 16 users? Just a thought. Right now a group of mixed users would definitely be interesting.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately, I don’t think stage manager will be improved any further.
Haha well I agree the overall concept unfortunately won’t be fixed, but the beta glitches like springboard resets, hidden windows, inappropriate app opening, etc. will hopefully be resolved sooner rather than later!

Reactions: nortonandreev

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
Unfortunately, I don’t think stage manager will be improved any further.
Considering it's blocking iPadOS for everyone else so they can work on Stage Manager I think that's incorrect. iPadOS is delayed until 16.1 so the betas will continue well after the iOS release. 90% of iPads aren't getting a mostly featureless upgrade because the 10% flagship devices can't get their amazing exclusive feature to work that's exclusive so they could focus on doing it right...........

Reactions: gank41

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Considering it's blocking iPadOS for everyone else so they can work on Stage Manager I think that's incorrect. iPadOS is delayed until 16.1 so the betas will continue well after the iOS release. 90% of iPads aren't getting a mostly featureless upgrade because the 10% flagship devices can't get their amazing exclusive feature to work that's exclusive so they could focus on doing it right...........
That's not even the case, that's what someone has written as his reason why iPadOS 16 has been delayed, it has nothing to do with what the real reason behind the October release is. It might be marketing-related, might be cuz they want to release it alongside Stage Manager or macOS, might be cuz they want to release new devices with it, etc. Or just because they have wanted to start testing 16.1 with a wider group of people sooner and delivering it on iPad is the best way to do this in this circumstances. It's not the first time iPadOS was delayed or not the first time when the first official release of iOS is a .1 release.

The Stage Manager hasn't changed in the past two months or so. If the pure purpose of iPadOS 16.1 was to give Apple more time to work on the feature, the first beta of 16.1 would have brought the biggest changes to Stage Manager yet, while it is exactly the same as on the previous betas. Don't get your hopes up, you will be disappointed.

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
That's not even the case, that's what someone has written as his reason why iPadOS 16 has been delayed, it has nothing to do with what the real reason behind the October release is. It might be marketing-related, might be cuz they want to release it alongside Stage Manager or macOS, might be cuz they want to release new devices with it, etc. Or just because they have wanted to start testing 16.1 with a wider group of people sooner and delivering it on iPad is the best way to do this in this circumstances. It's not the first time iPadOS was delayed or not the first time when the first official release of iOS is a .1 release.

The Stage Manager hasn't changed in the past two months or so. If the pure purpose of iPadOS 16.1 was to give Apple more time to work on the feature, the first beta of 16.1 would have brought the biggest changes to Stage Manager yet, while it is exactly the same as on the previous betas. Don't get your hopes up, you will be disappointed.
Regardless all of us peasants with fully loaded max storage latest model iPad Minis and older generation iPads are waiting for the equivalent of a X.1 release and it can't happen. Apple created insane fragmentation in its iPads. We are waiting for things we are not going to get but we can't have the update until everything is ready for the red carpet to roll out. If you have to delay an update for a new device then you are just showing you don't care about your customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.