Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
1 change I have noticed is that external NTFS hard drives are now showing in disk utility. Finally!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 19.15.17.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 19.15.17.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 9,986

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Meteorological fall starts at 1st September... And in some parts of the world summer straight goes into winter... As on the North Pole for example ;-)

There is never a winter in Cupertino, CA.

They go from an April, May, June, July, August, September, October SUMMER to a November, December, January, February, March 'It's a little chilly outside, I'll wear a light jacket, sometimes'.

Reactions: bahndoos

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Just bought an imac A month ago. Wondering if tthis newest beta is stable enough to put on my main imac?
I've been running El Cap on my 2012 MBA and 2011 iMac since DP1. Haven't had a single issue that would affect my day-to-day operations on either of them. I made a Yosemite backup on both and did a clean install of DP1 on both and have done delta updates since.

samo350

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Montpellier, FR
Don't expect any ios 9 today, OS X have a different release date than iOS, remember last year Yosemite was released October 16, more than month after iOS

daditude2284

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2015
Can't sign up for the el capital beta right now. :-(. Page is down, says we'll be back soon. How long will this be like this? I am guessing its because of the new beta that was released today.

Reactions: Jamalien

Jamalien

Suspended
Oct 29, 2014
Can't sign up for the el capital beta right now. :-(. Page is down, says we'll be back soon. How long will this be like this? I am guessing its because of the new beta that was released today.
This doesn't normally happen. My download is seemingly paused for eternity as well :(

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
No no no!!! There will NOT be a sixth beta. I'm not sure how many times I've said this within the last few days. iOS 9 GM is out on the 9th.

The reason we're still seing beta's for OS X is because that isn't out until October.
I've been saying it since the day beta 5 dropped!!

Reactions: n8cousins

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
The Beta is still far too buggy, they could do with stabilising it before adding new features.

Those of you waiting on iOS 9, I wouldn't hold your breath...

Given the lack of iOS 9 betas, I can only assume t's at a point where they're ready to add Force Touch but can't until new hardware is released.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I had the exact same problem. Here's what I know:

I was on an EE SIM only plan.

Phone battery dropping so fast you could see the percentage drop in realtime. Phone was always dead in 2-3 hours after a full charge.

Using Instruments it was clear that the commcenter process was the cause. It ran at 100-110% cpu continuously regardless of whether airplane mode was on or off.

Rebooting the phone made no difference.

Airplane mode made no difference.

Removing SIM card BEFORE rebooting the phone fixes the problem but then you have no cellular. Removing the the SIM card by itself without a reboot won't fix it.

Replacing the SIM card with a new card made no difference.

Replacing the SIM card with a new card for a different account fixed the problem (I switched from SIM only plan to a contract).

So the problem is related to a carrier specific setting which correlates with commcenter being the culprit process. I don't k ow whether it had to do with the APN differences between the SIM only plan and contract plan OR if my SIM only plan had some carrier settings (wifi calling maybe) that confuses commcenter. I'm too scared to turn on wifi calling now that I have my phone back. I don't think that's the problem but if it is I know that turning it off after turning it on doesn't fix the problem.

So definitely carrier/account related which is why not everyone is experiencing the bug.

It's funny you should say that. My plan is EE SIM only too.

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
Hm intriguing. I just had a hard crash/automatic recovery after installing the PB. Most unusual.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Your post is funny. Or silly. Of course Force Touch depends on software.

He never said it didn't. He's laughing at people who think FT isn't coming till 9.1, when the new iPhones will have it and are coming in a couple weeks.

Are people forgetting the iPhones will have it and thinking it's not till 9.1 because of the "rumoured" iPad Pro having it also and 9.1 coming with the launch of that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.