Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of iOS 10 to Developers [Update: Also Available for Public Beta Testers]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 9, 2016.

1. lucasrant macrumors regular

iMessage isn´t that popular outside the united states. I think it looks and works great, but I don´t have a single friend/family member/acquaintance that uses imessages instead of whatsapp here in Argentina. Not being able to message with android users kinda defeats the point of a message platform. Bear in mind that standart text messages are still very expensive in a lot of places...
    I´m from Argentina, by the way

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Lol, the lock sound is of a door closing?? Is that a joke? Sounds terrible, but maybe it isn't. Anyone have a clip of this?

3. Rainbow Evil macrumors member

What was the home section in beta 4? Haven't upgraded and I can't find it :confused:

4. lucasrant macrumors regular

you can´t access the widget screen through the notification panel any more

nevermind, it just wasn´t working

5. 6836838 Suspended

EOD, the sun sets.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 9, 2016 ---
    Why don't you just turn off key-clicks like 99% of everyone else?

6. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

Few people? It's on every iPhone and people mindlessly use it without a care in the world. You forget you have iMessage until you see the green bubbles for the Android users.

7. shk718 macrumors 65816

they say they're reprocessing faces. I'm curious to see if it improves - currently I think Google does a better job of it. And I wonder how this will work going forward. The processing takes a minimum of the entire night (25,000 photos) for me. Every time they improve the algorithm will the need to reprocess and then we need to re-identify? That will get old very fast. I wonder why they don't try to match to the pictures I have in my contact list to get the names???

8. Tech198 macrumors G5

does it matter what sound u hear when phone locks? A would of thought a door closing would spark "suspicious".

I wonder what Apple thought the old sound was like before ?

What is the reason for "Home" staying on Ipad, but not on iPhone

9. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

They are releasing because there are changes, it seems that they aren't specifically breaking down what those changes are (aside from the SDK and some known issues). That doesn't really mean that some specific conclusions one way or another could be drawn beyond that.

10. rbgaynor macrumors member

rbgaynor

I don't have any problem messaging Android users from iMessage.

11. themick4u macrumors 6502

themick4u

Next month I hear

12. lucasrant macrumors regular

but you´d be doing it through regular text messages, which are extremely expensive in most places.

13. MacUser4_20 macrumors regular

This was a big problem in Radar.. Let's hope they recognized this as a priority, as it happening way too much for me!

14. profets macrumors 601

Really, SMS is extremely expensive in most places?

15. Marshall73 macrumors 68000

Marshall73

Most UK contracts have unlimited SMS and don't you pay for data anyway, so either way you are paying for messages.

16. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

Did Apple re-hire Scott Forstall?

17. zaneliu macrumors 6502

zaneliu

I can't get a clip but yeah, not a fan. It sounds quite like a door shutting which doesn't remind me of a lock at all. The last lock sound was absolutely better.

18. Indian Devil macrumors regular

Looks the same as iOS 9, or am I missing something? All the icons seems the same to me, will check you tube for a detailed view of iOS 10.

19. RedWing512 macrumors regular

Wow. How incredibly pretentious of you.

20. Scary Spice macrumors 6502

Scary Spice

Yes, its not more than 4 weeks away!!!

21. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

Your statement makes an assumption that's not true. Hundreds of millions of people use Messages on their iOS devices and Macs. And there is no way that Apple is ever going cross platform with it. Why would they give up one of the main draws to their hardware?

FYI: I have a friend who is a total Android geek. He recently, within the last 5 months or so started using an iPhone in addition to his Nexus. He is not shy at all about criticizing iOS, but one of the things he told me the other day was that the thing he really misses when he's using his Android is Messages.

22. chrisrobot macrumors newbie

App Store updates section features new tweaked arrows.

23. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I don't pick my friends on the basis of which phone they use. :rolleyes:

24. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

So here's something that I wonder that has been fixed. On ******* (desktop, not mobile site on iPhone) allows you to press a video and it gives you a small slideshow of the video. In iOS 10, at least so far, that was broken. A tap on the video would go straight to the video. When you hit back, then the slideshow. Makes me wonder if that was a broken feature or something new.

Don't judge me...lol

25. lucasrant macrumors regular

Using the data plan for messaging is way less expensive than buying SMS plans. Each country is different, but the norm for most people (not just the US/UK or whatever) is that SMS are just not worth it. Which is why whatsapp is so popular all over the world.
    Saying everyone with an iphone uses iMessage is just simply not true.