Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of iOS 10 to Developers [Update: Also Available for Public Beta Testers]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 9, 2016.

1. 576316 macrumors 601

2. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I've been testing every Dev Beta since the DP on an iPad Air, and I have to say all the previous releases ran with a lag. This one feels fast and responsive.
    Am I talking too soon? Anyone else noticed it?

3. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

New lock sound is not finished, clearly.. lock your device but place it next to your ear. Major hiss after the effect for a couple seconds before fading. They'll clean that up if they end up using the sound in the finished product.

4. Tomapple macrumors member

Thanks for your replay. Strangely, the "Play Later" option doesn't appear for me, only "Play Next" =/

5. bjones521 macrumors regular

Man, I really hope Apple changes the notifications back to where you could clear an entire group at once. Notifications take to long now, especially if you have a lot.

6. PinheadX macrumors newbie

PinheadX

This is what I've heard... take it with a grain of salt, or believe it fully like I do, but there is a HUGE reason why Apple should (and will) port iMessage to Android. Apple Pay. There's supposedly going to be Apple Pay integration with iMessage which will allow you to be able to send money to friends and whatnot, and the potential for Apple to make a ton of money from Android users using Apple Pay with iMessage is incredibly more attractive than having iMessage be an Apple exclusive.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Anyone know if Bluetooth audio dropping and coming back is resolved?

8. avanpelt macrumors 68030

I like the output selector in the Music pane in Control Center. I do wish that iOS was capable of playing something to two AirPlay devices simultaneously, though.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

10. Firewolve macrumors member

Beta 5 breaks Good for Enterprise. So whoever uses this for his/her corporate emails, should probably not update at this stage. It works fine up to beta 4.

11. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

Yup, even 3 hours later, no show on the 5S OTA.

12. devincentis macrumors member

devincentis

Ugh. Really? A reset or hard restart don't work? This is deal breaker for me as I'll then stay with PB4.

13. BaltimoreMediaBlog macrumors 6502a

BaltimoreMediaBlog

I hope this fixes Visual Voicemail showing up 2 days later. My carrier says it's not their fault and that it should be working, but it's never worked properly in IOS 10. :(

14. Firewolve macrumors member

Unfortunately a hard reset didn't help - crashes when starting and I know other people have the same issue.

15. kepgnar macrumors newbie

kepgnar

I understand muscle memory, but the new method is actually more efficient. Shouldn't take more than a couple of days of heavy use to adjust the muscle memory.

16. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

We'll see, I suppose. But I will take the salt. If they port Messages over to Android for purposes of Apple Pay they would not only lose one good reason to sell hardware, but two. Apple develops services and software to sell hardware.

17. Iceage macrumors 6502

I live in Canada, and it's not 9/10 on Android.

18. PinheadX macrumors newbie

PinheadX

But they're not selling as much hardware, at least not recently. iPhone sales have dropped off. If they had Apple Pay working on all Android phones, and were making money off each transaction, that'd be a hell of a lot more money than they'll make in sales of Apple hardware. Like in Superman 3. :D

19. matthew23 macrumors 6502

Is everyone finding this to be the case? That is one of the reasons why I have not updated to ios10 because I was worried about it not working with Good which I use with work....

20. Firewolve macrumors member

Seems to be a common problem, yes. As I said, worked fine until today - just beta 5 broke it.

21. Johnny907 macrumors 6502a

Johnny907

It's been a week, still not used to it, still annoys me just as much everytime I try to unlock my phone without thinking. Undoing 8 years of muscle memory is going to take longer than "a couple days."

22. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. ~$40 billion in revenue in a quarter is just fine. Especially for a tock year. They make a heckuva lot more profit off of their hardware than they'll ever make off of Apple Pay.

23. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

We use Airwatch, and the Airwatch app kept un-enrolling devices. We found that if you remove the Airwatch app before upgrading (the profiles that make Airwatch work stay on the phone) everything is fine. Barring that, if you enroll in Airwatch from the browser without the Airwatch Agent app on the phone all is good. Not sure how, exactly Good works on the phone, but just in case that helps.

24. lucasrant macrumors regular

I get what you're saying. I'm not saying the app restricts you from messaging with people who don't have iPhones. My point is that for people who live in countries where SMS are still expensive (which is most), using iMessage doesn't make economic sense, which explains, I think, in part, why WhatsApp surged in popularity, and why people don't use iMessage (pretty much everywhere except US/Canada/parts of Europe) as their primary message app even though there's plenty of iPhones around.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 9, 2016 ---
    I really do love the new keystroke sounds. The new lock sound, not so much...

25. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

That's what I was asking. I'm astounded that anyone still meters SMS anymore.