Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybertruck20

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Same! Only bug I run into is when I check my cellular data usage. The “page” keeps reloading and going to the top when I scroll down. Does that happen to you?

This was a known issue in release notes in the last beta, release notes today says it’s a resolved issue.

jhudgins

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2016
For those running the Beta on iPad Pro: am I the only one annoyed that when in picture-in-picture mode, you cannot access the controls without losing the picture? I’m always using PIP while surfing the web and sometime I want to scrub through a video without having to go full screen. iOS 11 had the same issue. I miss the swipe up control center from iOS 10 where you could scrub PIP video without losing picture. This would be an easy fix in iOS 12 if they would simply bring the picture to the foreground and not blur it out when accessing control center. I suggested it in feedback but I’m not holding my breath.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
How is iPad stability? I'm considering trying it when this public beta version comes out.

Running VERY well on my iPad mini 4. I haven’t had time to really dig into everything but no radical bugs noticed in the 1 hour(ish) I’ve used it so far.

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
Hoping it fixes the VPN connection issues with OpenVPN app.

Is OpenVPN itself broken on the beta? In private internet access VPN the IPSec setting works but it breaks when switching to the openvpn setting.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
My iPhone 6S plus crashes (black screen with white circle spinner in the center) about 8 times a day so I hope that this build fixes whatever is going on.

The biggest problem I have encountered is that song shuffle does not work - it shuffles two songs and then switches to the top of the playlist and starts playing songs in order. I have heard A-Ha's Take Me On far too many times now.

But not on every playlist, right? Shuffling all songs? Or maybe a really large playlist like "My Top Rated"??? It seems to be limited to those in my experience.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
ACLRdfT.png

New beta has update screenshot of AirPods charging case with wireless charging.
[doublepost=1532975978][/doublepost]
lettuce just hope that it doesn't brick my iPhone X like beta 4 did

You had to go in and get a new phone?

ShadowGamer75

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2018
I’d suggest a full restore

Full restore does not solve the bug.

But not on every playlist, right? Shuffling all songs? Or maybe a really large playlist like "My Top Rated"??? It seems to be limited to those in my experience.

On Beta 4/PB 3, it occurs for me when shuffling all songs. never tried with playlists. Affects songs physically downloaded to my Phone 8 as well as songs streaming from the cloud.

When it occurs, it does it 2 different ways: it will either play them in alphabetical order by artist name or by album name.

I have heard A-Ha's Take Me On far too many times now.

Try Abba's Take A Chance On Me.

Last edited:

Cordorb

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
"Still stunned about the fact that animojies are a main feature"

secret research report to Apple from Google.

seems that the key word emoji is a HOT topic on macrumors
tell software team to add more. :)

KrispE00

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2016
My iPhone X camera hasn’t been working since beta 3. It locks up 90% of the time and a large section of the screen turns purple. Anyone else have this problem?

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
On my iPad mini 2, iOS 12 is faster than iOS 11, but it's not as fast as iOS 10 was. There's a noticeable speed difference between iOS 11 and iOS 12, though. Most apps open faster, though some apps like Books and Safari still have a tendency to hang a bit.

Ah! my air 1 is still on 10.3.3

going to be tough to decide if I should make the jump

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.