Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasonstevens

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2013
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default finder view options in El Cap? Set to Default isn't an option in the same options pane anymore.

SchlomoGoldberg

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
And in my case, I have no more "El Capitan" naming...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 10.34.14.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 10.34.14.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 350

irishrg

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
Not sure if it happened in this release or an earlier one, but the 'Secure Empty Trash' option no longer seems to be available now when you press the command key on the dock, it is still available as an option on the menubar however.

ostrykolesz

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Poland
Two bugs are driving me crazy:

1) Continuity for outgoing calls is not working half of the time

2) Swiping back in Safari gives you an old page from your cache - this is a pain when browsing reddit

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
When I go to the app store, the beta 5 update is available. I download it, the machine restarts, I get the black screen with progress bar "Installing Software Update". When it gets to the 22 minute remaining point this error occurs:

elcap_error.jpg

I've repeated this process for the third time after restarting (what was it that Einstein said?) with the same error every time....all the betas up to 4 installed with no issue. Any ideas on how to get this one "verified"?

macmanwa

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
New York, NY
Games won't use Metal unless coded to use it. And no game has been updated to use it yet. So strange you would see a dramatic improvement in games already.

Correct on the desktop side. Metal has been around on iOS since version 8, so there is quite a library on the iOS side that use it already too.

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005

It was only partially fixed...

If you open a Finder window to a single location, adjust its sidebar to your desired width, close and open the same Finder window of the same location again, then it is FIXED...

BUT...

If you open a Finder window on a different location, you will see the same default narrow width, it is NOT FIXED...

Reactions: R3k

Dsreilly

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Tampa
I still have a problem with El Capitan and IOS... I recently went on a trip to Italy and used my 6+ tp take about 1K photos. When I imported them to iPhoto, Photo and Image Capture all the one's that I took in B&W came in as color. However, all the ones that I took with the Chroma filter came in correctly. Apple engineers say this will be fixed in El Capitan and IOS9.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

groovyd

Suspended
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
No... because the gaming industry is looking for standard API's. It makes it immensely easier to use the same API for every platform. By Apple creating their own graphics API they've just guaranteed that less game developers will jump on their platform... because every different API requires programmers who know that API. Which means it costs more money not only to implement, but also to support. And if you knew anything about Mantel (now becoming Vulkan), you'd understand just how silly your comment sounds.

Well I happen to work in the gaming industry for what it's worth and any well written game worth supporting on more then one platform has no problem doing that. Let's assume you are a game developer who doesn't want to learn something new and porting your game to take advantage of Metal won't bring you enough profit to justify it. I don't think the API matters at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.