Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS 11.4 to Developers [Updated]

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Well everyone with third party batteries I've asked said that it doesn't work. My dad has the original battery and it works. It worked with iFixit batteries in beta 2, but never again anymore. The page is empty and if my battery reaches 5%, it still slows my phone.
But you do understand what I meant, do you, afaik there are only terminals on the battery for supplying power and nothing more, if that's the case then I really don't understand how the iPhone knows it's a non Apple battery.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
But you do understand what I meant, do you, afaik there are only terminals on the battery for supplying power and nothing more, if that's the case then I really don't understand how the iPhone knows it's a non Apple battery.
I understand you. I don't know how Apple can know that. Apps like Battery Life does show it.

nt5672

macrumors 68020
Jun 30, 2007
Not knowing what is in these is like App updates that only say "Bug Fixes". Really? Why not add a little more detail.
Because there is not any more detail. Beta's are just a way for Apple to keep the buzz up. The release notes for this release only list a few known problems, and none of them are the important know problems.

I wonder why people are not laughing hysterically at Apple with these Beta releases.

withitnow

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Huh, how does the phone know if it's a third party battery, afaik there's nothing (like a chip) in the battery so if there's no feedback there's no way for the iPhone to know if it's an Original Apple battery or not.

Itunes?
Must be, mine was somewhere around 260 MB (iPhone 6S)
No, sorry, fresh beta install from public 11.3

Reactions: justperry

AManInACan

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2015
That is what batteries used to be. Lithium Ion batteries now require a battery controller to be built in to the pack and it has electronics that tell the computer or iPhone it's pedigree, charge capabilities, etc.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I'm writing off iOS 11 as a total loss.

It's ridiculous to have to sit through 6+ months of a messed up OS just to have a functional device, for which I regret paying $1,149.

Beautiful hardware doesn't mean jack when the OS is junk.

jonnysods

macrumors 603
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I patiently waited for iOS 11.3 / macOS 10.13.4 final builds to fix Messages.app displaying messages out of order.
Couple of days later, the same inconsistency creeps in again. This is iMessage people, one of the main 'advantages' of Apple - and it's never been at a worse state.

I'm at a place now, where I feel totally indifferent to iOS/macOS updates. All I see is inconsistency.
Ok that started happening to me today after having 11.3 for 3 days, and I was wondering what is going on.

spazzcat

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2007
If AirPlay 2 doesn’t fix constant streaming hiccups I’ll be investing in an alternative streamer. It used to just work!
I never have issues with streaming, check your network/internet.
[doublepost=1522692221][/doublepost]
I'm writing off iOS 11 as a total loss.

It's ridiculous to have to sit through 6+ months of a messed up OS just to have a functional device, for which I regret paying $1,149.

Beautiful hardware doesn't mean jack when the OS is junk.
Have fun on the other side, good luck even getting a bug fixed... I've had very little issues and I use the betas.

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I understand you. I don't know how Apple can know that. Apps like Battery Life does show it.
What does it show, that it's a non OEM(Apple) battery.

That is what batteries used to be. Lithium Ion batteries now require a battery controller to be built in to the pack and it has electronics that tell the computer or iPhone it's pedigree, charge capabilities, etc.
Are you sure, I thought those electronics are outside of the battery pack, it would explain the issue of non Apple batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.