Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nxybagr

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Nottingham ??
I see when you are in the mail app and press edit you can’t slide down to delete multiple emails you have to select manually only just learnt that feature and a shame it’s not there. Hopefully that will come back.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Fully aware it‘s beta, but so for... I hate the look of the widgets on PadOS 14. Not to mention it would be cool it they worked. I’m sure the look with grow on me but right now... not a fan.

David11

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2020
Anybody else have this after installing the beta?
9E942EAD-D644-4210-88B1-D052AA0A338D.jpeg

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
Reporting for Germany.
Installed PB on iPad Pro. So far everything working as it should. Deutsche Bank and N26 apps working normal (which is most important to me), as well as other finance apps. I’m tempted to install on my phone as well. Just took a backup. Taking the plunge in 1..2..?

Nxybagr

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Nottingham ??
Another useful feature would be if when using the Siri suggested widget if there was notifications for an app it showed that as well thinking of like Facebook or messenger for example

brunosh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
I downloaded the profile but when I try to install it keeps showing an error. I already removed and re-installed the profile, restarted the device, but the problem persists. Anyone knows how to solve? My device is an iPad Air 2.

Reactions: TechFann

PC_tech

Suspended
Jan 17, 2019
So public beta 1 is the same as beta 2, but it is the third time Apple releases a beta for iOS14 so that would technically make it Beta 3.

hmmm ? I’m confused
People who have installed this public beta.

Please, go to Settings > General > About and tap "Software Version". What is the build number displayed?

DEV Beta 2 is 14.0 (18A5319i)
Mine is 14.0 (18A5319i)

• Love
Reactions: R3k and gank41

Ritte

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Oooooh how I want to upgrade, but the fear of banking apps not working holds me back.
(In Sweden, if the Bank-ID App doesn't work, you're sh%t out of luck...)

BANK-ID works, tested on a spare XR I have.

rumormiller

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2017
Two biggest issues for me are
1. No app library or widgets on iPadOS home screen
2. Other storage (most likely just beta overhead)

Really like the new Siri and app library.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I see when you are in the mail app and press edit you can’t slide down to delete multiple emails you have to select manually only just learnt that feature and a shame it’s not there. Hopefully that will come back.

It would be best to report this in the included Feedback App if you want Apple to hear about it.. Instead of just hoping.

BipolarAnt

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2019
I’ve heard that there was a bug relating to the mic not working during phone calls. If someone could let me know if that’s fixed, that would great. I’m not installing the beta until bugs like that are fixed. Also, I have an iPhone 7 if that matters at all.

Macusercom

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2012
Vienna, Austria
I just installed it on my girlfriend's iPhone XS and everything seems to work fine. Even the exposure API seems to work for Stopp Corona in Austria.

It still shows "not available" sometimes just like on iOS 13 (maybe a bug in the app not in iOS) but my Android device regularly uses handshakes and lists her device properly (assuming it isn't a neighbour's device).

Reactions: AppleDavid

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
So the Public Beta and the Developer Beta are both build 18A5319i... Good to know.

Also, for all of the new folks reporting any issues here: PLEASE ALSO REPORT ISSUES IN THE FEEDBACK APP. This is very important! Sure it’s great using a new OS with new features and stuff. But “things” probably won’t work! And by “things” I mean random stuff. An app might work for me and not you or you or you.. That is normal. Some apps might have old code or “bad” code that causes issues. It might even be an app you don’t expect. Just look at the whole Facebook SDK issues this morning causing apps like Spotify to crash at launch. Everyone needs to keep in mind that this is beta software and features that work today might not work when the next beta build is released. Some stuff might need to be tested internally, and while they do that they’ll remove a feature. It’s happened before, just like the Exposure Notification API isn’t available in this recent build.

Always remember when riding the beta train that just because something works today, doesn’t mean it’ll work tomorrow. And if it doesn’t, report it in the Feedback app. And if you ARE having issues of any kind, take a scroll thru all of the posts here (or in the next thread for the next beta). We’re on page 7. Odds are someone else has had a similar issue as you, and might even have a solution.

And finally for the “Other” storage space issue, you’d know it was a known issue if you reported it in the Feedback app.

Reactions: PC_tech
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.