Apple Seeds First macOS Sierra 10.12.2 Beta to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 31, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming macOS Sierra update 10.12.2 to developers, just one week after releasing macOS Sierra 10.12.1 and more than a month after launching the new macOS Sierra operating system.

macOS Sierra 10.12.2 beta 1 is available for download through the Apple Developer Center and through the software update mechanism in the Mac App Store. A public beta will likely be available for public beta testers later this week.

[​IMG]

It is not yet clear what improvements the second update to macOS Sierra will bring, but it will focus on bug fixes and performance enhancements to address issues that have popped up since the release of macOS Sierra 10.12.1.

macOS Sierra includes new emoji introducing Unicode 9 characters like clown face, drooling face, selfie, face palm, fox face, owl, shark, butterfly, avocado, pancakes, croissant, and more, plus many profession emoji available in both male and female genders.

Apple has also updated the artwork on many existing emoji, adding detail and making them look less cartoonish and more realistic.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First macOS Sierra 10.12.2 Beta to Developers

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

still abstaining from Sierra - I just don't trust it

3. Macist macrumors 6502a

macOS is still good. One of the few things that is still good. I'm sure Apple is hard at work wondering how best to **** it.

4. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

Apple has had a rough week, but Sierra has been great.

5. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

Every machine is different, but on my 2015 rMBP 13", it's the most stable macOS release I've ever used, and I've run everything since Lion on a handful of different machines.

6. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

thanks for the input @Macist & @blasto2236 , I will refrain from updating a while longer though (rMB 2015 here)

7. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

8. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

Sierra still doing very well on my rMB 2015

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

'Add To Photos' from Safari is still extremely slow for me. It used to work within a couple of seconds, but since the beta prior to the Sierra GM, it takes more than 10-20 seconds for the Photos dock icon to bounce and indicate that the photo has been saved.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

10. chrismail627 macrumors regular

chrismail627

10.12.1 really helped my Mac. The Safari freezing up bug was absolutely killing me. Sierra has been pretty stable for me now.

11. BlandUsername macrumors regular

BlandUsername

Switching browsers helped me :p:p:p

12. nortonandreev macrumors 6502a

nortonandreev

Can somebody check if there are new wallpapers on the new MacBook Pro 13-inch?

13. bbnck, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

bbnck macrumors 6502a

I upgraded to macOS Sierra briefly over the weekend but I noticed scrolling very slowly on my non-Apple mouse resulted in no scroll movements on screen, which doesn't happen under El Capitan. Makes precise scrolling movements on macOS Sierra painfully difficult. Can anyone confirm whether this behaviour has been corrected in the 10.12.2 beta?

Should clarify I use the Zelesouris Ergonomic Vertical Mouse. Some people say some Logitech mice are affected too, but I'm beginning to wonder if all non-Apple mice are actually affected.

14. iHack13 macrumors regular

iHack13

At least they cant do much wrong with this. Like stealing my 2012 Macbook PROs useful ports.
    They are there and they will not go anywhere.

(Okay. I do have ONE Adapter. And thats a thunderbolt to VGA adapter for some projectors. Cmon folks.)

15. peter2, Oct 31, 2016

peter2 macrumors regular

Did they finally fix the bug not allowing to update the system via remote desktop if the machine is not connected to a monitor? Worked fine for ages, but with Sierra you just boot to a distorted screen followed by a completely black screen. Imagine your Mac is at the other end of the world.... pretty lame and critical bug, but I guess Apple is rewriting everything into Swift and someone tried to streamline the code by removing something "unnecessary" ;-)

Reported this @ https://bugreporter.apple.com/ twice but no reaction whatsoever. I guess they are busy adding some "beautiful, new" features instead of fixing critical bugs or at least not destroying what has worked reliably for years.

16. Gudi, Oct 31, 2016

Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

Apple fix the one damn thing that needs fixing! I have no idea what it is?

No wait, it's the price of hardware. :p

17. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

It messed with my Photoshop and Illustrator performance. Did a fresh install and it got even worse. Not specifically Apple's fault, but still.

Kind of fed up with Apple atm.

18. cube macrumors P6

Maybe I am having some (wired) networking problems with 10.12.1

19. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

thanks for this, I have these installed on my rMB for quick on the fly stuff, and I do not want them getting messed up!
    your input is highly appreciated!!

20. cstout macrumors newbie

cstout

Still can't auto-mount network shares without prompting for credentials (even if saved in keychain). Pretty lame bug. I'd verify that the bug report for it is still open...but, "An error has occurred. For assistance accessing Apple Bug Reporter, please contact Apple Developer Program Support."

21. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

No problem. Again, I have not pinpointed exactly what went wrong, but I downgraded to El Capitan and everything is working fine now.

22. bbfc macrumors 68040

bbfc

It works perfectly on my Early-2011 MacBook Pro. No major issues. Far better than El Capitan and Yosemite in terms of performance. I'm actually really surprised at how well it runs.

23. matamoris macrumors regular

I read somewhere that this new behavior is actually intentional. Something related to security. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

What hardware?
    The old stuff sitting in the museum, er, store?
    Yeah, that's some expensive, old relics.

25. Reed Rothchild macrumors 6502

Every beta update is trick or treat these days, even more today. Will give it a spin though. Just in case...