Apple Seeds First OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan Beta to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 27, 2015.

1. m0pheu5 macrumors newbie

m0pheu5

Sadly I can confirm that this bug is not fixed.

2. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Right. We need to purchase a Drobo RAID for our new Mac but if we do we can't upgrade to El Capitan to manage it.

3. DesterWallaboo macrumors 6502a

DesterWallaboo

Hmmmm... Drobo's have a built-in RAID controller... so you don't need Apple's RAID support to use them.

4. jorkie macrumors newbie

jorkie

My Blue Yeti Pro USB mic hasn't worked on either 10.11.0 or 10.11.1. Would love to hear from anyone if USB power issues (which seem to be the situation here, 2.0 communicating with 3.0) seem resolved by this round.

5. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

As well I am curious about USB. My Thunderbolt USB HUB and the USB in my LG 34UM95 have never worked properly since going to El Cap.

I'm glad they mention it, maybe they are working on fixing it.

6. Ennui macrumors newbie

All of my aliases appear in Mail using 10.11 and 10.11.1

7. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Does it have El Capitan compatible software for formatting and managing the partitions?

8. Erdbeertorte Suspended

I am thinking of returning my new iMac because of that annoying bug. I can't go back to 10.11.0 because there was a special build preinstalled and I have no installer for that.

The normal build does not properly work on the new iMacs, even with the last beta of 10.11.1 my USB ports did not work correctly.

I have two days left to decide. Till now it did not ask for my iCloud password since the update to 10.11.2.

9. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Please fix the PLAYBACK OF SLOW MOTION VIDEOS after syncing from Photos app to iPhone. This issue has been going on since Yosemite and iOS 8. A year later it's still going on and I've called in to support. Plays fine in Photos app, just after syncing back to iPhone it loses slow motion aspect. :(

10. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

This is also the first version of El Capitan update available as a combo.

11. DesterWallaboo macrumors 6502a

DesterWallaboo

12. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

My Blue Microphones Snowball Ice microphone works fine in OS X El Capitan. Though, I suppose it helps that I have it plugged into a powered USB hub.

13. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Make sure to write a letter that no one will ever read.

14. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

For years now I've been writing feedback to Apple at least a couple times a month on average and there's been quite a bit of it that's been addressed. I too suggest people use it more often because it certainly exists for good reason.

15. nekton1 macrumors 6502a

16. nekton1 macrumors 6502a

RAID is still supported via Terminal; not as convenient I know but not completely MIA

17. mediotanque macrumors member

I hope they fix the annoying bug of green screen when a photo is opened

18. netsped macrumors 6502

Does it fix devices reappearing in Finder's sidebar even after removing them?

Does it fix Mail mail's column shrinking problem?

Does it fix Mission Control thumbnails shifting to one side when the mouse cursor hovers over them after invoking Mission Control from a non full screen app?

Does it fix a bug where System Preferences quits after trying to add a new preferred language?

Does it finally fixes sluggishness in retina screens? Keep seeing a lot of dropped frames when switching spaces and fullscreen apps on my 13" mid-2014 rMBP.

I can't believe 10.11.1 didn't fixed any of this bugs. It looks like it was seriously an emoji update and nothing more.

19. hotpotato123 macrumors member

Whenever an update is available for download, I read these forums for feedback to see if there are any bugs. Instead, what I get is a group of crazies telling me they're downloading it now, and whether or not the download speed is fast or slow, and whether or not the update his appeared on your device. (Of course it's going to be slow if you download it in the first few hours).

If I said this drives me crazy, I suspect the mentality of such people would be that of glee, since they're intelligent enough to have a motive of aiming to infuriate everyone.

I picture these types of people as teeny or immature twentysomethings who play hours and hours of computer games per day.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised if these types of people are older techies who just never outgrew their pimple days.

20. BruceEBonus macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Wad Mycloud now doesn't work since El Capitan. Maximum of 1gb transfers only. I doubt if either Apple or WD will bother to fix this serious flaw though.

21. sofila macrumors 6502a

sofila

22. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Maybe they will read it if you include one of the new middle finger emoji. :D

23. jocamero macrumors regular

What kind of speeds are you getting? I can easily saturate a gigabit network link from a Win7 PC (with a RAID 5 array) to my 2014 rMBP.

24. cliff.wakefield macrumors newbie

Seems my MacBook Pro seems to be stuck on 10.11 beta.

I didn't get a chance to update to 10.11.1 beta.

Now I am not able to install 10.11.1 GM nor see any 10.11.2 beta seeds in App Store.

Any ideas?

25. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

A gigabit Ethernet is only 70-80MB/s minus overhead. The issue is hanging and slow responses.