Apple Seeds Fourth Betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS to Developers

MrJonix92

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com

Apple today seeded the fourth betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after releasing the third betas and more than a month after unveiling the new operating system at the Worldwide Developers Conference.

Registered developers will need to download the profile for the iOS 13 and iPadOS betas from Apple's Developer Center. Beta 4, like earlier betas, can be downloaded over-the-air once the proper profile has been installed.

Apple split iOS 13 and iPadOS into separate updates in 2019, one designed for iPhone and one designed for iPad. iPadOS is identical to iOS 13 in almost every way, though there are some iPad-specific features such as new multitasking capabilities. For the most part, the two operating systems share the same features.

iOS 13 is a huge update with a long list of new features. Perhaps the most noticeable outward-facing change is a systemwide Dark Mode that changes the entire look of the operating system from light to dark, darkening everything from system elements to apps.

Apple overhauled the Photos app, introducing a new Photos tab that curates your entire Photos library and shows you a selection of highlights organized by day, month, or year, and there are revamped Photo editing tools.

For the first time, you can edit video right in the Photos app, cropping, rotating, applying filters, and adjusting lighting and color. There's a new High-Key Mono lighting effect, and for Portrait Lighting in general, intensity can be adjusted.

There's a less obtrusive volume HUD, a new Find My app that combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends and lets you track your devices even with they don't have an LTE or WiFi connection.

A Sign In with Apple feature (not yet active) gives you a convenient and data safe way to sign into apps and websites, providing an alternative to Facebook and Google sign in options. Apple's even able to generate single-use randomized email addresses so you don't have to give your real info to apps and websites.

Maps features a new street-level "Look Around" mode and a Collections feature for making lists of places, Reminders has been entirely overhauled to make it more functional, there's a profile option in Messages along with new Memoji and Animoji stickers, and Siri has a new voice.

CarPlay in iOS 13 has been overhauled with a new look, multiple sets of AirPods (or Powerbeats Pro) can be connected to the same phone so you can share music with a friend, Siri on HomePod can detect multiple voices for multi-user support, and HomePod also supports Handoff.

There are a ton of additional new features and changes coming in iOS 13, and for a full rundown of what you can expect, you should check out our iOS 13 roundup. Each new beta brings new features and changes to iOS 13, and the third beta introduced a FaceTime Attention Correction option, changes to Split View to make it more obvious which window is being typed in, a Me tab for the Find My app, and more.

The beta testing period will allow Apple to work out bugs ahead of the release of iOS 13 and iPadOS, and it will let developers build iOS 13 and iPadOS features into their apps ahead of a public release coming this fall.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS to Developers
[doublepost=1563384886][/doublepost]Has FaceTime been fixed yet ? Want to update to iOS 13 again but can’t until FaceTime is working

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
Funny that since I'm visiting Seattle instead of being in Silicon Valley that my OTA download still hasn't shown up. Didn't think it was really this geographic.

Reactions: celaurie

eoblaed

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2010
Let's hope Mail is fixed.
Hope this addresses the native Mail app and YouTube ( freezes ), among other bugs ofcourse :)
Hoping dearly for this.

As well as camera freeze ups, the periodic 'your phone is bricked for 30 seconds' issues, etc.

It is for me. Mail is much better too.
This is good news. My download is nearly complete, so hopefully I'll experience this mythical 'better mail' as well. ;)

Reactions: jwm

PJivan

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2015
"...Photos tab that curates your entire Photos library and shows you a selection of highlights organized by day, month, or year..."

And of course since Apple knows best, they decide for me what are MY highlights.

Still no way to simply organize photos by date taken in ascending or descending order independently in given folders???
Really?
Hu?? Been there since beta one, how could you not see it, Really?

nordique

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2014
Please say 3D Touch is fixed.
I just updated to beta 4 on my 6s

unfortunately it’s the same

maybe a smidge faster and more responsive but it’s not 3D Touch

when you 3D app switch Vs Touch home icons or try to peek/pop, you can tell the difference. It’s more or less the glorified haptic touch just slightly more responsive. But not pressure sensitive.

comparing to my iPhone 7 on iOS 12, side by side the difference is still markedly apparent. I feel if they haven’t fixed it/returned it by now, they probably won’t moving forward

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
What is your bug that needs to be fixed? I just want them to fit everything on the smaller car screens. I am tired of not seeing the entire name of the artist or the album (or the channel on SiriusXM). it's so annoying!
I get random disconnects and then it wont recognize the phone until I restart it. Works perfect on 12.x

eoblaed

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2010
"...Photos tab that curates your entire Photos library and shows you a selection of highlights organized by day, month, or year..."

And of course since Apple knows best, they decide for me what are MY highlights.

Still no way to simply organize photos by date taken in ascending or descending order independently in given folders???
Really?
I'm not sure what you're asking. That's been the default view forever. When I look at my photo roll, or in any of my folders, the photos are simply laid out in ascending order by date. The fancier curated view they're talking about is an optional view.

Am I misunderstanding your ask?

sledgehammer89

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2009
Oh noooo, can't open a link in a new tab in the background for at least 2 weeks. Menu entry is gone :( :( :(

Rique

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Northern Virginia
Today I couldnt drag attachements out of mail, and my ipad kept suggesting over and over again to share a photo memory of a certain event... :D There's still a ton of small bugs and glitches (Anybody noticed how the "send mail" arrow icon is not EXACTLY aligned with the two icons underneath it?) but overall it already runs pretty well for me..

I guess we can expect the next public beta only next week?
Many issues with CarPlay here also...

CarPlay plays Podcasts OK (PocketCasts), but Messages has been doing all kinds of weird stuff. I've experienced error dialogs stating Siri is not available without an internet connection (Messages has always worked in CarPlay for me, regardless of connection) and I've also received (via Siri, ironically) "just a moment" verbal notifications when trying to access Messages (for reading or for sending, doesn't matter). I've also been unable to send Feedback using the Feedback app so I've not been able to report any issues to Apple (it takes forever and eventually times out with a failure dialog). As mentioned, PocketCasts works, but drag grids to manage the "up next" queue have been missing from the first beta, so I need to manage that queue with their Web app on my Mac.

For Message usage on the phone, I've been getting numerous timeouts while sending (or receiving) which only resolve by closing all open apps, re-starting the phone and then immediately trying to send the message in question. This happens with or without attachments. For phone calls, I've had a similar experience - sometimes it's necessary to do the "close all apps, then restart phone" dance before I can make a call - regardless of signal strength.

With Messages and Phones, there's really no way to know that I'm unable to receive anything (for obvious reasons, there are no notifications for receive errors)

In addition to all of that, I've experienced random application crashes in several apps. I've not tried to figure out what the common thread is with those.

Interestingly, Duet on the iPad still works great - I was worried I'd have issues, but it's been working fine - just a couple of random crashes, but it's definitely usable (my Mac can't use SideCar, plus I am not testing Catalina yet).

Also, battery life has been great.

Reactions: maculi

fullfast

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
All done and dusted, now just waiting to do watch which says unable to connect to update server.....ipad virtually done as well....loving the side screen as desktop on ipad

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2017
Florida
I just updated to beta 4 on my 6s

unfortunately it’s the same

maybe a smidge faster and more responsive but it’s not 3D Touch

when you 3D app switch Vs Touch home icons or try to peek/pop, you can tell the difference. It’s more or less the glorified haptic touch just slightly more responsive. But not pressure sensitive.

comparing to my iPhone 7 on iOS 12, side by side the difference is still markedly apparent. I feel if they haven’t fixed it/returned it by now, they probably won’t moving forward
They are still making changes to it though, so maybe they’re slowly trying to rewrite it to look the exact same for 3D Touch and non 3D Touch devices? So it eventually will feel the same but not look the same?