Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 9.1 Beta, Third tvOS Beta to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of iOS 9.1 to both registered developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the third iOS 9.1 beta and releasing iOS 9.0.2, the second minor bug fix update to iOS.

The new iOS 9.1 beta, build 13B136, is available as an over-the-air update and through Apple's Developer Center. Apple has also released a third tvOS beta.

iOS 9.1 offers new features and compatibility updates for upcoming Apple products like the new fourth-generation Apple TV and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. The iPad Pro ships with two accessories, the Smart Keyboard and the Apple Pencil, both of which are deeply integrated into the operating system.

The update includes Unicode 8, adding support for emoji like the taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, unicorn head, and more, along with a new Messages option in the Settings app, allowing users to disable photos for their contacts.

It is not clear when iOS 9.1 will be released to the public, but it's likely it will come in late October, coinciding with the launch of the new Apple TV.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 9.1 Beta, Third tvOS Beta to Developers

macintologist

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2004
The update includes Unicode 8, adding support for emoji like the taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, unicorn head, and more, along with a new Messages option in the Settings app, allowing users to disable photos for their contacts.
I can't wait!

Comment

cale508

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2015
IL
Hopefully they fixed the unlock lag, where the phone is unresponsive for about 2-5 seconds after unlocking with touch ID.

Comment

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I'm still on the 9.1 Public Beta Program version. How can I install the fourth Beta for developers? I'm presuming I delete the profile and check for OTA update?

Would appreciate some help. Thanks ;)

EDIT: Wait, hold on. I'm on the Public Beta 9.1 and have also received a 9.1 Public Beta 4 OTA update. Is this the same version/build as the developers' Beta 4?

Comment

AppleFanBoy82

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2015
Mexborough, UK
I'm still on the 9.1 Public Beta Program version. How can I install the fourth Beta for developers? I'm presuming I delete the profile and check for OTA update?

Would appreciate some help. Thanks ;)
iOS 9.1 PB4 is also available as well - currently downloading at the moment - the PB downloads are exactly the same as the developers

Comment

v0lume4

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2012
Hopefully they fixed the unlock lag, where the phone is unresponsive for about 2-5 seconds after unlocking with touch ID.

Me and you both. I don't even have TouchID--I have the iPhone 5. Yet my home screen is unresponsive for a bit after unlocking the phone as well as after closing an app.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.