Apple Seeds Golden Master Version of iOS 13 to Developers

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Yesterday I downloaded the iOS 13 GM straight off of Apple's own servers at like 15 MB/s. Finding the direct link cost me literally less than a minute. It didn't even ask me to login with a developer account.

When I selected the IPSW file in iTunes version 12.9.5.5 om macOS Mojave v10.14.6 just now, I was automatically prompted to install a software update. It actually downloaded and installed.

I'm pretty surprised by all of this.

Attachments

Last edited:

adrianlondon

macrumors 68000
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm running iOS 13.1b3 and the Mail notifications are even more messed up than the previous betas. I hope you guys on 13.0 have better luck, and Apple put some effort into 13.0 as it's now the GM.

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
So in the Netherlands we had to wait five years for Apple to add predictive text to the Dutch keyboard. I guess the next 5-year wait is on for Apple to include swiping?​

PLin

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2003
Successfully updated to 13 GM on my XS Max last night, but this morning I had no new emails, because Mail was stuck downloading 1 new email. Force quit Mail several times and rebooted the phone, but Mail was still stuck on that 1 email whenever checking for new messages. Ended up doing a DFU restore back to iOS 12 and restoring from my backup.

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Swype keyboard is in iOS 13.
iOS 13 QuickPath (swipe) doesn't support Dutch and is disabled the moment you switch over to a Dutch keyboard.

[doublepost=1568205093][/doublepost]
I'm running iOS 13.1b3 and the Mail notifications are even more messed up than the previous betas. I hope you guys on 13.0 have better luck, and Apple put some effort into 13.0 as it's now the GM.
So far I don't have any issues with iOS 13 GM and my iCloud account in Mail. Notifications work like they did in iOS 12. I did do a full restore though and didn't restore a backup afterwards. Just set things up as a new iPhone.

Reactions: adrianlondon

smaffei

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2003
You need Catalina beta for that and can you alt/option on an UPDATE not RESTORE?
You can just install Xcode 11 GM (like I did). Run it. Update the necessary iTunes components (that's what it does when it updates the tool chain for the first time). And, they your Mojave iTunes call restore iOS 13 GM onto your device.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
You can just install Xcode 11 GM (like I did). Run it. Update the necessary iTunes components (that's what it does when it updates the tool chain for the first time). And, they your Mojave iTunes call restore iOS 13 GM onto your device.
For the benefit of anyone reading this thread, you categorically do NOT need Xcode. I have personally updated three iPhones so far — an X, an 8 and a 7, two on Mojave and another on High Sierra. Neither has ever seen Xcode. iTunes will download a device support update automatically, then you’re off to the races.

Obviously do back up first, whatever you do!

atoqir

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2018
iOS 13 QuickPath (swipe) doesn't support Dutch and is disabled the moment you switch over to a Dutch keyboard.

[doublepost=1568205093][/doublepost]
So far I don't have any issues with iOS 13 GM and my iCloud account in Mail. Notifications work like they did in iOS 12. I did do a full restore though and didn't restore a backup afterwards. Just set things up as a new iPhone.
No mail issues either.

Can you add people to an iCloud reminder list? My app just crashes then. iOS13 GM

javco

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
Help. I’m on 12.4.1 want to install 13 GM. How can I do it? I don’t have a developer account.

Last edited:

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Can you add people to an iCloud reminder list? My app just crashes then. iOS13 GM
I'm not upgrading to the new Reminders until my MacBook Pro runs macOS Catalina.
[doublepost=1568211236][/doublepost]
I didn't have to install Xcode 11 to upgrade to iOS 13 GM. iTunes version 12.9.5.5 on macOS Mojave prompted me to install an update the second I selected the iOS 13 GM IPSW file.

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
This is the GM version that will come out next week.
Since the GM is the —final version— its does not require any kind of beta software or Xcode or anything like that.

When it officially launches next week, average user are obviously not going to be downloading Xcode Beta or OSX betas.

MallardDuck

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
You can choose not to update your reminders until you get the other devices updated.
Ah thanks. Wish it would just wait until all devices were upgraded before prompting but at least it’s something. No reversible I presume?

Wonder how many people will upgrade accidentally?
[doublepost=1568212159][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1568189866][/doublepost]Head over to Reddit there is a link to download iOS 13 GM

https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/d2dmpl/news_ios_13_gm_released/
Yeah downloading code from a non official source is a great idea

MallardDuck

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
If you bothered to actually check things out before hitting that "Post Reply"-button, you'd see they're linking to Apple's own servers. In other words: You're downloading the IPSW files straight from Apple.
Fair enough, but still not a good idea. It's both a TOS violation, and next time, could easily be a malicious link. if Someone wants access to the GM, join the developer program.

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Fair enough, but still not a good idea. It's both a TOS violation, and next time, could easily be a malicious link. if Someone wants access to the GM, join the developer program.
To check whether or not the link is legitimate takes about 5 seconds. As long as you do that there's no security risk involved by downloading and installing the IPSW. I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't need you to talk on their behalf about their Terms of Service.

Last edited:

Mikkis

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2010

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Successfully updated to 13 GM on my XS Max last night, but this morning I had no new emails, because Mail was stuck downloading 1 new email. Force quit Mail several times and rebooted the phone, but Mail was still stuck on that 1 email whenever checking for new messages. Ended up doing a DFU restore back to iOS 12 and restoring from my backup.
Had the same issue as well. Had to install to 13.1.

Wife's phone is having issues where Apple Music does not save music or playlists to her Library.

MallardDuck

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
To check whether or not the link is legitimate takes about 5 seconds. As long as you do that there's no security risk involved by downloading and installing the IPSW. I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't need you to talk on their behalf about their Terms of Service.
We'll agree to disagree on both the risk, and the legality.