Apple Seeds Golden Master Version of iOS 13 to Developers

javco

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
To check whether or not the link is legitimate takes about 5 seconds. As long as you do that there's no security risk involved by downloading and installing the IPSW. I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't need you to talk on their behalf about their Terms of Service.
I downloaded direct from apple servers with the inks provided in the reddit entry, then I tried installing for my XS but ITunes Says the file is damaged. Anyone with the same issue?

javco

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
Could be something went wrong while downloading. Try again using Safari.
I tried the download several times also using chrome but iTunes keep saying that the file is damaged. Should I have installed Catalina in my Mac in order to get iTunes recognizes the file?

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Considering Apple's track record with 10,11,12 GM's, I'd rather play it safe and wait for 13.1.
I made the jump yesterday on my iPhone XS and it's all been smooth sailing so far to be honest. There are a few third-party apps that are tweaking out on me at times, but even then the issues are pretty minor.

Reactions: otternonsense

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
Happy to finally have iOS 13GM and watch OS 6 GM on my devices.

not sure I will participate in the beta again next year, at least not with my primary devices...

Reactions: HenryFSU

HenryFSU

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
Orlando, FL
..so I went from Beta 13.1 to GM 13.0...on 2 different phones. Now neither get Mail. I'm lost as to what to do...tried alot of things like turning mail off and on, reboot, hard reboot. Still no Mail. Any ideas out there?

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
I'm already updated but I just noticed that my iTunes on my Windows laptop got updated from the Microsoft Store to v12.10.0.7. If anyone on Windows wants to try upgrading via the new version to see if this works.

trparky

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
Are we sure that this version is the final version of iOS 13? The reason I ask is that I don't want to be stuck not being able to upgrade to the latest iOS version if I do so wish to load this GM build.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are we sure that this version is the final version of iOS 13? The reason I ask is that I don't want to be stuck not being able to upgrade to the latest iOS version if I do so wish to load this GM build.
If there’s a newer version or build then it would be available as an update since it would be newer.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
if you are on 13.1 and go to 13.0 GM, you will lose the ability to receive emails. So stupid but true.
Had this issue as well and then went back up to 13.1. Had some issues with Apple Music loading. Did a full restore to GM and the iOS 13 is running better than ever. Better to take the time and just to do a restore.

HenryFSU

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
Orlando, FL
Had this issue as well and then went back up to 13.1. Had some issues with Apple Music loading. Did a full restore to GM and the iOS 13 is running better than ever. Better to take the time and just to do a restore.
Hate to be a pest, but can you tell me a step by step? This sounds like you did a clean install to me since I would think you cannot restore a 13.1 backup to a 13.0 GM.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Hate to be a pest, but can you tell me a step by step? This sounds like you did a clean install to me since I would think you cannot restore a 13.1 backup to a 13.0 GM.
I restored to a previous iOS 12 backup. In iTunes, Option - Click on Restore button and choose the ipsw. Restore from older backup. I haven't really added any new apps so all photos and mail just come over from the cloud. Easy!

HenryFSU

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
Orlando, FL
I restored to a previous iOS 12 backup. In iTunes, Option - Click on Restore button and choose the ipsw. Restore from older backup. I haven't really added any new apps so all photos and mail just come over from the cloud. Easy!
Ahh ok. I have tweaked a lot in the last couple months though. Guess I’ll ponder this for a few days. Thank you for the info!

Ewok7777

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
..so I went from Beta 13.1 to GM 13.0...on 2 different phones. Now neither get Mail. I'm lost as to what to do...tried alot of things like turning mail off and on, reboot, hard reboot. Still no Mail. Any ideas out there?

You and me both. I did the downgrade yesterday to prep for my new phone delivering Friday. (A backup done on 13.1 wont sync to 13.0).

not only mail is broken.
Apple Music library is missing
Stored keychain passwords are gone

HenryFSU

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
Orlando, FL
You and me both. I did the downgrade yesterday to prep for my new phone delivering Friday. (A backup done on 13.1 wont sync to 13.0).

not only mail is broken.
Apple Music library is missing
Stored keychain passwords are gone
I was told by an Apple rep to update the new phone to 13.1 and then restore from the old phone's 13.1 backup. So guess that is what I will be doing!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I was told by an Apple rep to update the new phone to 13.1 and then restore from the old phone's 13.1 backup. So guess that is what I will be doing!
The tricky part there is upgrading the new phone to iOS 13.1 as it’s not known whether or not the builds for the new phones are available or when they would be available.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Ewok7777

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
True, but the Geniuses told me this...we'll see! :)
The actual release comes out Thursday right? I’m hoping for just A different seed that correct this problem
[doublepost=1568742776][/doublepost]
The actual release comes out Thursday right? I’m hoping for just A different seed that correct this problem
If that doesn’t work that’s what I’ll do I’ll go back to 13.1 and just update the new phone and then restart it and then do the transfer