Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chelle7i

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Newbie Question!

If I download GM will I be able to download GA? Are there any expiration dates on GM like the betas, will I be able to update, etc.? I'm running beta 6 right now, so I just wanted to know if I needed to restore to 6.1.4 to receive OTA updates or will my phone be okay.

Last edited:

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
If I download GM will I be able to download GA? Are there any expiration dates on GM like the betas, will I be able to update, etc.?

They are exactly the same! Just made available to developers before the general public. No expiry, it's exactly the same as what will be released to everyone on the 18th

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Oh my gawd, why do you care? Why does it affect you?

Just to let you guys know, I run Windows and I test the Beta's with my ADC Program Membership.

I just manually enter my UUID in the Apple Developer Portal. I got two new Devices this year.

Both worked just fine with the IOS 7 Beta's and ITunes 11.0.5.5 for Windows.

chelle7i

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Newbie Questions

They are exactly the same! Just made available to developers before the general public. No expiry, it's exactly the same as what will be released to everyone on the 18th

Thanks bro! Appreciate your help! I'm downloading iTunes beta as we speak.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Changes from b6 to GM noticed so far:
* Any reference to iCloud Keychain removed in iOS7, labelled as "coming soon" on Apple's website (!)
* New still and dynamic wallpapers
* New sounds and default selections (ringtone, charging, ...)
* New "Mesa" (fingerprint) and "Motion" icons appeared in the preferences.app
* New PrivateFrameworks : BiometricKit.framework, BiometricKitUI.framework

I just noticed iCloud Keychain Syncing is removed. Having been using it with OS X 10.9, the last/latest beta's worked out the kinks. Why they removed it is beyond me. I sincerely hope Apple opens "iCloud" to full file sharing in addition to Keychain and Password/Credit Card syncing with official launch.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
well i am...
im getting this...
ipad could not be restored because the firmware is not compatible
ANY HELP???

Did you download the correct ipsw for your ipad from the developer center?

----------

I just noticed iCloud Keychain Syncing is removed. Having been using it with OS X 10.9, the last/latest beta's worked out the kinks. Why they removed it is beyond me. I sincerely hope Apple opens "iCloud" to full file sharing in addition to Keychain and Password/Credit Card syncing with official launch.

Weird. The option in settings is gone, but it's still remembering my passwords.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
NO OTA from beta -> GM only from 6.1.3/6.1.4 to 7.0 (and that will be on the 18th)

Well, that is good. My old iPhone 4 which I gave to my brother in law hasn't been connected to a computer since he activated it. I'm hesitant about ramifications of connecting it to iTunes. Can it start syncing to iTunes without losing what is on the phone?

For my 5, I'll download it and install the GM now.

chelle7i

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
iTunes Beta

Aww pooh :p Just realized I need a Mac for the iTunes beta. I guess I will have to backup via iCloud for now. I've read from others that we are able to have the GM with the latest version of iTunes on Windows, we're just not able to sync, backup, restore, etc., correct? This will change once GA comes out right?

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
So you managed to install without a backup, you just downloaded itunes 11.1 beta, and installed IOS 7 from there? did you loose anything from your phone? messages, contacts etc?

I did a backup, but installed the FW as an update and didn't need to restore. Took about 2 minutes and everything is intact (even the APN which always used to get trashed).

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Aww pooh :p Just realized I need a Mac for the iTunes beta. I guess I will have to backup via iCloud for now. I've read from others that we are able to have the GM with the latest version of iTunes on Windows, we're just not able to sync, backup, restore, etc., correct? This will change once GA comes out right?

Correct and I'll be surprised if iTunes for Windows isn't updated sooner.

ON WINDOWS:
Windows.PNG

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Quick question guys, should i Option + click on Update or Restore. To set up my iPhone as brand new with iOS 7 GM, and then sync my songs, apps etc. with iTunes?

Or should i put it in DFU mode first? This thing always confuses me.

Last edited:

pizzafunghi

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2004
Lyrics in Music App

Is this a new feature new? When playing a song and tapping on the cover you get the lyrics. Haven´t noticed that in the past.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
Indeed, keychain is gone, but I'm not surprised as it caused havoc during the beta phase, nowhere near ready for production.

WiFi sync seems to be a lot better than before too. In fact I haven't had it working for some months (perhaps because I didn't keep pace with the iTunes betas?) and before then on iOS 6 it was very unreliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.