Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
I option clicked Check for Update and i was up and going on GM in about 7 minutes give or take.

andiss

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Hi Folks

Seems a lot of people are installing with a restore. I downloaded then ALT-clicked the "Check for Update" button, selected the firmware and it installed without a restore. I've checked that it's correct in the "About" and it all seems OK. Of course I did a backup first to be safe...

This was with 11.1 beta 2 on Lion.

Cheers, Dave

So you managed to install without a backup, you just downloaded itunes 11.1 beta, and installed IOS 7 from there? did you loose anything from your phone? messages, contacts etc?

rhino2627

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi Folks

Seems a lot of people are installing with a restore. I downloaded then ALT-clicked the "Check for Update" button, selected the firmware and it installed without a restore. I've checked that it's correct in the "About" and it all seems OK. Of course I did a backup first to be safe...

This was with 11.1 beta 2 on Lion.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave, were you able to access your old backups made with iOS 7 beta via iTunes? Thanks!

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
My UDID has been registered for a while now. I have been installing and using the betas also. If my UDID is registered shouldn't I be able to go through iTunes for the GM version of iOS 7 to install it?

If you have access to the dev centre then you will have to download the IPSW. You cannot update to the GM through iTunes.

----------

If I updated my iPhone 5 to this, but not the public release, will I retain the option of reverting to 6.1.4?

Only before it's released to the public. After that Apple will stop signing iOS 6.1.3/4.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
If you have access to the dev centre then you will have to download the IPSW. You cannot update to the GM through iTunes.

----------

Only before it's released to the public. After that Apple will stop signing iOS 6.1.3/4.

So I couldn't use an iOS 6.1.4 restore file in iTunes after they release 7 for my phone? So really it's just stay on 6 as long as I can if I want to?

I'll take the next few days to see if I adjust to iOS 7.

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
Interesting tidbit

When you restore or get to iOS 7 for the first time, Apple has included their stock apps (Game center, calendar, compass, voice memos, etc..) in the multitasking tray.

chelle7i

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
GM Download

My question is if I have iOS 7 beta 6 currently installed, will I be able to download the iOS 7 GA next week? Or, do I need to restore my i5 to 6.1.4 first?

hawwkk55

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2013
iCloud Keychain Missing

Has anyone else noticed that iCloud Keychain is no longer under the iCloud tab in the settings app? Has it moved or just been left out?

dokterdok

macrumors member
May 6, 2010
Changes from b6 to GM noticed so far:
* Any reference to iCloud Keychain removed in iOS7, labelled as "coming soon" on Apple's website (!)
* New still and dynamic wallpapers
* New sounds and default selections (ringtone, charging, ...)
* New "Mesa" (fingerprint) and "Motion" icons appeared in the preferences.app
* New PrivateFrameworks : BiometricKit.framework, BiometricKitUI.framework

jwhiterz

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2012
Wales, UK
If you update to ios 7 GM and they tweak something for the general public OTA will you also get that if you already have the GM installed

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
If you update to ios 7 GM and they tweak something for the general public OTA will you also get that if you already have the GM installed

The GM is what every new 5S and 5C is shipped with and is what will be released next week. If for some miraculous reason they made changes before then, obviously you could get the new build.

CedricEarl

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
question, left early to come update. left mac at work. cannot update with windows not having 11.1 itunes? i have 11.05 public release. i update over icloud so im not worrying about doing a restore from itunes. but if i can't even update im going to just stop this update and get to things tomorrow....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.