• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

185718-iphone_3.0.jpeg

Apple today seeded the third beta version of iPhone OS 3.0, along with a new build of the software development kit (SDK), to developers. World of Apple republishes the seed notes for the SDK, detailing a number of changes to various components, including Xcode, Interface Builder, and Dashcode, and notes that applications targeting pre-OS 3.0 devices are unable to be tested on the latest beta.
Apple has this evening released beta 3 (build 7A280f) of iPhone OS 3.0 due for release in the Summer.

Of note in the latest seed is that Apple advises developers, "Applications targeting devices prior to iPhone OS 3.0 beta cannot be tested in this seed. This bug is intended to be fixed in a future seed."

Changes to the iPhone OS 3.0 beta 3 will not become apparent at first.
No visible changes in the new version of the OS have yet been detailed. The last beta was seeded to developers on March 31st.

Article Link: Apple Seeds iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 3 and New SDK to Developers

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Hold on, does that mean old apps don't run on the new OS? Am I reading that wrong?

Comment

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
I'm glad to see Apple continuing to release updates to the 3.0 beta frequently. Makes me more hopeful that the release will be on the earlier side of the summer.

Comment

kwfl

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2007
i am just waiting for them to activate my developer program and i will get it.

Comment

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
I don't get why they release a seed that they know has a bug in and say they are going to fix it later, why not just fix it then release the seed.

Digg

Comment

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Omg they fixed the ipod icon, now i have to change my sig :(

Build Number: 7A280f

Reported Changes:

- MMS works with modified carrier bundle on German T-Mobile network.
- Spotlight now saves the last search.
- Speed improvements.
- Option for iPods that let you change what your double tap home button is.
- You can change spotlight to search for what you want to search for ex everything but applications.
- iPod icon is aligned.
- Restrictions now add In-App Purchases and Location.

Comment

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
In case anyone hasn't noticed, beta builds of iPhone OS 3.0 have been coming out every Tuesday in two week intervals now.

Comment

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
ADC iPhone log-on issue

Is anyone else having issues with logging into their ADC account? I've been a developer with Apple for a long time, I just attempted to login after reading this after work and was greeted with a re-registration screen, and apparently I'm locked out of 3.0. Very strange.

Comment

iPhoneJB

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
Tethering still works

Tethering still works perfectly on my iPhone 3G over AT&T with Beta 3.

Comment

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I logged in just fine. Have you been a developer long enough that you owe $99 again? :p I'm guessing not though. Dunno.

Just got off the phone with ADC in Edinburgh, apparently Apple is cracking down on some accounts, mine was flagged for some reason. Developers should be cautious in giving out certificates. I have two phones, a 2G and 3G I develop on, and as such they are asking some developers to verify their information.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.