Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
Not true, Both times I have updated in the betas (1&2) I chose "check for update" yet I still had to restore from backup and sync.

anyways, pretty cool.

Go into settings and double check your firmware version. If it's true, that's pretty awesome, but I very highly doubt any of the firmware installs would ever only take 5 minutes and not make you have to reinstall everything from a backup. It doesn't just "upgrade" the firmware, it overwrites the whole thing.

MXChristian11

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Go into settings and double check your firmware version. If it's true, that's pretty awesome, but I very highly doubt any of the firmware installs would ever only take 5 minutes and not make you have to reinstall everything from a backup. It doesn't just "upgrade" the firmware, it overwrites the whole thing.

And that's what I thought! But I have triple checked, and I have 3.0 build 7A280f!! It's really weird that that had happened. That is the first thing that i thought that happened, saying it installed but hadn't.

But nope, it installed and, to be more precise, took about 7 minutes. ;)

Silverado

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
EDIT: Just noticed this...I can now use the button on the Apple headphones to control the music just like with the new iPod shuffle...click twice to go to the next song, three times to go back.
The double click has been there since the first iPhone came out and the triple click was added in the general release 2.x software a while ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.