Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Even under iPhone OS 2.x my iPhone always locked the screen and disconnected the call, which is a major issue for me since I have a defective power button that presses in way too easily.

It will only disconnect the call if you don't have speaker phone on or headphones plugged in or bluetooth. Any other time, you can lock it without losing the call.

OriginalMasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
To have MMS working you need an AT&T MMS plan. AT&T has been told to refuse activation of MMS on iPhones. The only way to get it working is to take your SIM out, put it in another AT&T phone, call them up and let them know you will be using another phone for a while and need MMS service activated.

Then you can put it back in your iPhone and it will work.

I've never had to call AT&T, pull my SIM out, nor did I have to configure ANYTHING to get MMS to work. It did not function with BETA 1. With Beta 2, 3, and now 4, it just worked without anything changed.

biomorph

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
Salt Lake City
Thanks Spaz, you are right..I always used the lock screen when I was using my headphones during a call. Yesterday was the first time I tried to lock the screen when I was using neither speaker phone or headphones so I guess thats why it hung up. Another tidbit I picked up after having the iphone for almost a year and a half.

jakthemacboy

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
Device Resgistration

Yo

I just became a iPhone Developer.. looking to make an App for my new Wine bar.

I download the new 3.0BETA software with iTunes 8.2 blah blah blah, only my iPhone says I need to register my device on the portal.

I got my phone ID, just need to know where on the developer site I need to register it!

If someone could give me the link, would be muchly appreciated.

I really should have paid a developer! :eek:

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Yo

I just became a iPhone Developer.. looking to make an App for my new Wine bar.

I download the new 3.0BETA software with iTunes 8.2 blah blah blah, only my iPhone says I need to register my device on the portal.

I got my phone ID, just need to know where on the developer site I need to register it!

If someone could give me the link, would be muchly appreciated.

I really should have paid a developer! :eek:

Did you pay for the developer account or got the free version?

jeremykyle

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2009
Actually the keyboard was always transparent, ever since the initial 1.0 release. They just made it more transparent in this build.

Funny thing, seeing as my keyboard isn't transparent ANYWHERE. In no app that I use is it transparent.

RoboCop1

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2008
I'm really happy to see Blu-Ray refrences. I think it is long overdue that Apple supports Blu-Ray in their products. :confused:

shayneomack20

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2009
anybody else notice?

The App Store and Safari are default on the bottom bar now instead of Music/iTunes on (3.0 beta 4 on 2nd Gen iPod Touch.)

EDIT:

"CD and DVD burning engine licensed from Gear Software, Inc."
In the About iTunes after 1-Click ect...

gsms

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
Question re: beta 4

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm using an iPhone 3G on a dev account in Canada. When I upgraded from beta 3 to beta 4, it told me that my SIM card was not from a valid carrier. I'm using fido, and when I put in a Rogers SIM card it works fine. Any ideas or solutions for my problem?

Mixpower

macrumors member
May 1, 2009
The Netherlands
I installed Beta 4 but a lot of people have the thethering option now at the network settings, i don't have that option anyone know how to fix this ?
I updated my phone to Beta 4, af that i tried to restore my phone with Beta 4 neither brings me the thethering option!

Anyone has an solution ?

Thanks!

twilson

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2005
obviously apple should screen their developers cuz one of em is sellin **** on ebay

Apple can just request their details from eBay, as breaking the NDA is revealing trade secrets (therefore breaking the law). And then they can disable his developer account, that'll teach the b*****d!

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2008
Hope this update fixes the bugs in itunes

With a bit of luck, with this itunes update, I'll be able to listen to my music through my airport express without a constant skip every sixty seconds that no one seems to have been able to isolate

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Hi guys,
I installed OS 3.0 beta 4 and I noticed that when I am in the middle of a call and if I press the power button once it does not lock the screen, instead it ends the call. It used to lock the screen in previous versions. This would prevent me from accidentally touching buttons on the screen. Anyone else have this problem? I was in the middle of a call with a friend and kept hanging up on him repeatedly before I figured it out :).

It has always done that - at least in the final release versions of the software.

You don't need to press the lock button because a sensor turns the screen off when you lift the phone to your face.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
With a bit of luck, with this itunes update, I'll be able to listen to my music through my airport express without a constant skip every sixty seconds that no one seems to have been able to isolate

I wonder if a new Airport Express will come out that has Bluetooth? This would enable us to send music from our iPhone to our AE via BT. I can see why this wouldn't be technically impossible.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I wonder if a new Airport Express will come out that has Bluetooth? This would enable us to send music from our iPhone to our AE via BT. I can see why this wouldn't be technically impossible.

Would the AE actually need BT in this case? The BT would be to make the connection, but presumably the AE is part of a network the iPhone is linked into anyway, so it might not need the BT to pair up.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Would the AE actually need BT in this case? The BT would be to make the connection, but presumably the AE is part of a network the iPhone is linked into anyway, so it might not need the BT to pair up.

You're right. We would not need BT to do this. Technically, all we need is Wi-Fi to do this. But, if all we needed was Wi-Fi, then why don't we already have this ability then? Maybe they're still developing this. :confused:

Maybe with the new APIs developers will have the ability to access the iPod's library and we'll have this ability developed. Apple should just do it though, it would lead to more AE sales.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
You're right. We would not need BT to do this. Technically, all we need is Wi-Fi to do this. But, if all we needed was Wi-Fi, then why don't we already have this ability then? Maybe they're still developing this. :confused:

Maybe with the new APIs developers will have the ability to access the iPod's library and we'll have this ability developed. Apple should just do it though, it would lead to more AE sales.

Put another way - March 3 2009, Apple updated the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule to simultaneous dual band 802.11n capability (the Airport Express already had this from the year before). The next gen iPhone is likely to get 802.11n come this summer.

If we're looking for Apple to provide streaming from the iPhone to an AExpress to a stereo - might make sense to be optimised for battery use, and data transfer speed. The integration is coming slowly i'd imagine. We've got to see where Apple goes with sensors and devices - by opening up the dock connector and diong BT /wireless interaction - i'd imagine this might have knock on effects in other areas. If you buy an app, that can see a wireless HR monitor, or glucose monitor - why can't you use your BT/wireless on your paired MBP to interact with the sensor also? Do you need sometimes to go through the iPhone app UI each time to do stuff - could there be scope for the Mac to know through iTunes the purchases, and thus have the ability to use the apps to mount the devices, for the want of a better word?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.