Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I'm looking forward to 802.1X bug fixes, as they seem to be affecting my ability to log into my campus's wireless network. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. How annoying.:(

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
There is a way

Where can we get this seed if we are not developers?

You can always join ADC (Apple Developer Connection) if this is so important to you. The cheapest option that MAY get you the seed is $500/year. (One reason I didn't continue as a Select (the $500 level) member is that even at that level, some things were only available to the uber-members (aka Premier, $3500 I think))

They don't test you to see if you are truly a developer, you could be just an enthusiastic hobbyist. The application is as easy as buying a book on Amazon.

(WARNING: Double negative ahead.) So, there is not NO legal way to get the developer seed of 10.5.1, but it is probably more expensive than most of us are willing to pay to get a few weeks' head start on their fellow Mac users. Also, seeds may not be perfect and developers are equipped to find, isolate, and handle bugs. An ordinary user may not be able to handle the rough draft that a seed may represent.

Porkka666

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
WOW, Already!? I'm a new Mac User, and LOVING it! Hopefully getting this update!

I love the new version number, it's so much better than the old 10.5.0 ! :D:D

mediumofmeaning

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
NJ
does anyone know if such an upgrade could potentially have updated bootcamp related drivers or improvements (to fix various windows hardware problems), or would that have to come as a separate fix?

czeluff

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2006
heaven forbid!

There have been some vocal complaints about bugs in the first version of Mac OS X 10.5.

Oh heaven forbid some bugs in the initial release of the company's biggest OS. The point is that the issues get resolved rather quickly, unlike some other companies...

It is estimated that for every 1000 lines of code, there is 1 bug in someone's code. The fact that operatig systems run as well as they do is a tribute to the developers and debuggers.

Quit whining.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I am having random problems with "data underrun" in my startup disk after updating QT and iTunes with Leopard...the same problems that have cause Finder freezes in 10.4.10 for some people...are any of you having a similar issue?

Ad Pro

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
UK
so leopard 10.5.1 will eventually be availiable / the bug fixes will eventually be availiable through a free software update. Is this right? Or does it mean you would have to buy a newer version of leopard to get the bug fixes?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
so leopard 10.5.1 will eventually be availiable / the bug fixes will eventually be availiable through a free software update. Is this right? Or does it mean you would have to buy a newer version of leopard to get the bug fixes?

All 10.5.x updates will be free. The next pay update will be 10.6.

arn

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Notably absent from that list: Time Machine via Air Disk.

...and the workarounds are NOT an acceptable alternative.

Something tells me that Time Machine will not work via Airdisk until buggy firmware for aeBS (yes emphasis on BS) is fixed. The airdisk has never worked perfectly for me, on any of the firmware revisions.

Farani

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
a BIG problem they need to fix is when saving or transferring files to a network drive, if the transfer gets interrupted the file gets deleted! I read about this 2 nights ago and had it happen this morning on a paper I was working on. Luckily I'm extremely anal and save my files in literally 4 places (idisk, usb airdisk, hard drive, and flash drive).

nickdaze

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Front Row and DVD Player

What about the fact that I'm getting Japanese links in iTunes in Front Row, and DVD menus are always scrambled for me. Not so in Tiger.

doutee

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Marquette Michigan
back to my mac fix?

I don't see anything about a fix for back to my mac issues. They posted something on apple.com about fixing it soon. I can only get it to work maybe 20 percent of the time.

niclet

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
45.5200000, -73.5600000
Nothing about Time Machine, Disk Utility, Airport, Air Disk, file moving, graphic rendering and opaque menubar bugs?

Pfff! And I was so impatient to update to 10.5.1 :/

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I noticed that Spotlight was indexing more often, but thus far have not really experienced anything drastic. As I use a FW drive for Time Machine, airdisk is not really on my list of priorities either. The file delete during an interrupted transfer is what bothers me the most, as a transfer could involve many gigs of data.

Overall, Leopard's operation for me has been nice and easy, and I love it. Good to see fixes coming so soon though.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I want SMS messaging out of Address Book back. I'm not impressed by features being deleted after I've paid £100+ for an upgrade.

Receiving was buggy and you were limited to sending 160 characters, I'm not surprised they shelved it.

bucksatan731

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2006
Claim an 802.XX fix, but since installing Leopard, My hotline client speeds have gone from 1Mb - 1.5Mb , down to 80Kb - 200Kb , but when I reboot to my 10.4 partition, speeds are back up to normal, and thats just the tip of the network speed bugs

spbcat

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
Just updated to 10.5.1. Safari and iChat stopped working saying this (the same for iChat):
picture1nt9.png

Lame :mad:
UPD: Preview, Adress Book, Automator, Dictionary, Font Book have the same issues. F**k.

LondonMacs

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
Hope it comes out soon. Typically apple does this on almost every operating system after a few weeks:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.