Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded Build 10C535 of Mac OS X 10.6.2 to developers. The release comes one week after the previous build was pushed to the developer community for testing.

The new 10C535 build reportedly focuses on graphics drivers, trackpad preferences and virtual machine creation while continuing to list no remaining known issues. This suggests that Apple is putting the finishing touches on the update and may roll it out to all users in the relatively near future.

Among the most notable changes in Mac OS X 10.6.2 is a fix for a serious bug involving guest accounts that has resulted in some users losing all data from their regular user accounts. The update will also provide full native support for Apple's new multi-touch Magic Mouse that began shipping today, although the company is also offering separate software updates to allow Snow Leopard and Leopard users to access the full functionality of the device without needing OS X 10.6.2.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.2 Build 10C535 to Developers

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
"... and the ability to create virtual machines, ..."

What would that be? I'm curious.

That's the only thing I'm confused about. Is Apple referring to Parallels or VMware?

Either way, this looks to be a major update with over 150 components being updated.

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
Oh, so tomorrow then? (I'm kidding).

But l to the ol at AppleInsider saying that the update is due sometime next month. Just like 10.5.8's release was "imminent" for two months, am I right?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Decent drivers for once. NVIDIA make drivers for laptops now - how about enhancing them Apple..?

fps

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2004
London
That's the only thing I'm confused about. Is Apple referring to Parallels or VMware?

Either way, this looks to be a major update with over 150 components being updated.

Unless it's the Windows 7 Bootcamp compatibility update... But it doesn't have anything to do with virtual machines really.
Anyway let's see what comes out of the bag :)

tmuller

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
been running C531 and now C535 and nothing I can see for issues (yet)

Course, I haven't seen as many issues as denoted on here.

BTGeekboy

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I hope this fixes some of the issues we have been having connecting to SMB servers.

I sure hope so.

I did notice an interesting correlation last night when I was "dealing" with this problem. I'm having trouble connecting via SMB when I am on one of the two laptops that have been upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard. The desktop iMac, however, which was a clean install, actually connects.

Maybe tonight I'll get out tcpdump and explore this a bit further.

JasonDawg18

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2005
For the love of God, I just hope this fixes all the crap that's been going on in Safari. It literally crashes 5-10 times per day.

I really miss the stability of Leopard. I hope 10.6.2 takes us back there.

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Oh, so tomorrow then? (I'm kidding).

But l to the ol at AppleInsider saying that the update is due sometime next month. Just like 10.5.8's release was "imminent" for two months, am I right?

That's right. There were certainly some very long waits on imminent updates in Leopard's time. I forget which, but one was initially reported as such one March, and came out in June. I'm surprised that they're stalling so much with this particular update though, especially with that guest account bug at large.

baruch

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
just chiming in...

Others have said it...I too hope for better stability. I'd also like to see some of the promised speed improvements from the much touted streamlining of 10.6. I'd settle for less crashes and general bugginess. I have never had more problems with any Apple upgrade than this one, and that's going back since pre-Mac Apples.

JasonDawg18

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2005
5-10 times a day!!

are u kidding ?

:eek:

Nope. It's super frustrating. Many sites that use Flash cause it to crash. I've tried everything that everyone has recommended. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the latest flash, I've repaired permissions, I've removed other Safari Plugins, etc. What's even more frustrating is that sites that crash my Safari work fine if I log in as another user. I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I hope 10.6.2 fixes this junk.

crick3r

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
10.6.1 = crap

I had to stop using safari and switch to firefox after 10.6.1 !!
I can't wait anymore... it was good before, but right now is awful... I can't believe they ruined such a good user experience

baruch

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
For the love of God, I just hope this fixes all the crap that's been going on in Safari. It literally crashes 5-10 times per day.

I really miss the stability of Leopard. I hope 10.6.2 takes us back there.

Same here...Safari crashes many times a day, and after rebooting it I have to quit and then reboot it again or it just hangs.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
No issues with 10.6.1 so far.

Can't wait for 10.6.2 to come out so I can download 500MB+ for no discernible difference.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
There are a ton of nasty bugs in SL, one that I spent all day today trying to resolve. Looking forward to the fixes :)

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Is Snow Leopard really still a beta OS? It's like there's a new service pack every couple of weeks. I don't remember any version of OSX being like this. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.