Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.5 Build 10H529 to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Just six days after Apple seeded the first build of Mac OS X 10.6.5 to developers, it has followed up with a second one termed Build 10H529. As noted by iPhoneinCanada.ca, the new build resolves the two documented known issues from the previous build and lists no new ones.

The build's documentation also makes a slight adjustment to the list of focus areas on which developers are asked to concentrate their testing, removing iCal and adding Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) network file services.

The quick turnaround suggests that Apple is moving quickly on Mac OS X 10.6.5, as the company usually waits at least a week between its first and second developer builds. The last time Apple moved this quickly on the first developer builds was Mac OS X 10.6.2, which spent only about a month in developer testing before seeing a public release in November of last year. Still, Apple's development schedule is always unpredictable and new or unresolved issues at any point in the process could stretch out the timeline.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.5 Build 10H529 to Developers

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Updates only really seem to matter on newer Macs. We've passed by the teething issues under Snow Leopard. Now it's just nice to see an updated version number.

Comment

blunderboy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
Agreed. iOS is neat, but I don't currently have any iDevices, and I'd just like to know what Apple is going to release for my computer.

Comment

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
Updates only really seem to matter on newer Macs. We've passed by the teething issues under Snow Leopard. Now it's just nice to see an updated version number.

I agree to a certain extent. It seems that Apple still has a lot of work to do with its integration. SMB, VPN, etc.

The video driver was long over due but I am hoping Apple starts refocusing on OSX.

Comment

Brinkman

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
I'd love to know why people vote this stuff as Negative.. haha Can't please everyone!

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Agreed. iOS is neat, but I don't currently have any iDevices, and I'd just like to know what Apple is going to release for my computer.
Bug fixes.

Apple makes computers now?
You ever read their SEC filings? Okay, maybe not.

Anyhow, their computer hardware sales brings in very large sacks of money. AAPL shareholders are okay with that.

:D

I'd love to know why people vote this stuff as Negative.. haha Can't please everyone!
There are a lot of haters in this forum.

:p

Comment

Schizoid

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
UK

Applied a recent graphics update which killed an ATI 5850 card in my Mac Pro...big kernal panic...

Windows 7 likes it though... which is such a shame, one OS opens the possibilities another slams the door shut in your face.

Comment

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Applied a recent graphics update which killed an ATI 5850 card in my Mac Pro...big kernal panic...

You do realize this 10H529 is a BETA release, right? If you find a bug, report it to apple, that's how it's supposed to work.

Comment

Schizoid

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
UK
You do realize this 10H529 is a BETA release, right? If you find a bug, report it to apple, that's how it's supposed to work.

not the OS, the recent graphics update, there are several new ATI kexts included for the new cards, thought it might help OS X recognise my "off the shelf" 5850 which works like a dream in Windows... alas no.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.