Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Now the question is, should I associate my phone number with the Apple ID I use to make purchase through iTunes, or with the Apple ID that I use for iCloud?? I imagine there are a lot of people in my situation who had an apple ID for purchases and then jumped onto MobileMe, not being allowed to merge the adresses! Leave it to apple to make things even more complicated.
What is so complicated? I associate two different email addresses with my phone number and it works fine.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Yay for Power Nap support on the 2010 MBA! :D

Can you explain why you find this so useful (other than getting a new feature of course :D)? I have the 2010 MBA, so I guess I'll get it too. From what I read about it, it's not something I've always missed or whatever, but maybe I'm missing something...

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
If this is released tomorrow then there's going to be a new iPhoto and aperture app coming along with it because my photo stream in system preferences tells me to update iPhoto or arperture. I have the latest versions.

s!ke

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2012
How was this not included until this point?

I'm struggling to understand how Apple thought that giving people 'Messages' on the Mac that didn't do this from the start was a good idea.

THank god WTF.... why do I need to give people my apple ID... jesus apple what a stupid lack of a feature

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I am not sure if I am loving the idea of getting all my messages on my mac through imessage. Now people can read and snoop on my messages. I don't want to lock my screen etc.
Can't you turn messages off on your Mac?

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Are they going to actually fix imessage so that it doesn't cock up a third of the time anymore? I could give a piss for new features if it still has the same old jank.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
It's annoying that Apple didn't mention battery life improvements. It's like by avoiding the issue they are refusing to admit that OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.0 and 10.8.1 have suffered decreases in battery life compared to Lion and Snow Leopard.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Are they going to actually fix imessage so that it doesn't cock up a third of the time anymore? I could give a piss for new features if it still has the same old jank.

It keeps screwing up on my iPad :/ On iPhone and Mac, it is fine

MikeLord

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2004
How to add Phone # to iMessages

Guys (and Gals),

I have an Apple Developer Account and have downloaded and installed this release. Problem is I can't figure out how to add my iPhone number to iMessage on my Mac. I tried deleting the account and setting it up again, but it won't let me delete it.

Any ideas?

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Hmm... releasing iOS 6 GM and 10.8.2 final on the same day? Are they hiding new features from us to show on the day?

I hope they're hiding the ability to share my photo stream from my Mac. I would really like to set up shared photo streams from my desktop, where I can actually see the quality of the pics I'm sharing.

wthomas86

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
San Diego
Guys (and Gals),

I have an Apple Developer Account and have downloaded and installed this release. Problem is I can't figure out how to add my iPhone number to iMessage on my Mac. I tried deleting the account and setting it up again, but it won't let me delete it.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem!

jrlcopy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
How was this not included until this point?

I'm struggling to understand how Apple thought that giving people 'Messages' on the Mac that didn't do this from the start was a good idea.

Well this will get me to update to Mountain Lion. There is no reason why imessages couldn't be included with 10.8 though. grrr...

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Hmm... releasing iOS 6 GM and 10.8.2 final on the same day? Are they hiding new features from us to show on the day?

I can't see either of these getting released tomorrow, iOS has been released a week after it was officially announced, just a few days before the first iPhone shipments arrive. As much as I want it tomorrow, I just can't see it showing up for download.

As for the OS X update, I don't think they've ever seeded an update one day and released it on the next. Makes no sense.

Sorry to say they'll both be released on the 19th, based on last year's timetable, one week after the media event.

But this way we're gonna get two great days! ::grin::

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Guys (and Gals),

Any ideas?

You need to install ios6 and then re-setup iMessage on your iPhone.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I hope they're hiding the ability to share my photo stream from my Mac. I would really like to set up shared photo streams from my desktop, where I can actually see the quality of the pics I'm sharing.
Haha hopefully.
I can't see either of these getting released tomorrow, iOS has been released a week after it was officially announced, just a few days before the first iPhone shipments arrive. As much as I want it tomorrow, I just can't see it showing up for download.

As for the OS X update, I don't think they've ever seeded an update one day and released it on the next. Makes no sense.

Sorry to say they'll both be released on the 19th, based on last year's timetable, one week after the media event.

But this way we're gonna get two great days! ::grin::
The GM should be seeded then, but not released until the 19th or so, you're probably right about the OS X update though.

-------

I think we'll see a Infinity Blade: Dungeons preview running on the iPhone 5 -- with enhanced graphics from the quad-core maybe?

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Guys (and Gals),

Any ideas?

Wouldn't it make sense that you'd combine the phone and the iCloud on the phone? Then it shows up on your Mac? I'm guessing you need to wait for iOS 6 to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.