maxjg

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2006
The 3rd releases of the iPhone SDK and the 2.0 beta firmwares (for paying devs) are available for download on the iphone dev site now.

Any word on features besides bug/pink fixes?(Specifically in regards to better integration with IB)? ALSO: Really hopes it fixes stability issues. Really getting tired of 10810 errors.

Comment

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Seeds New iPhone OS 2.0 Beta (5A240d), SDK Update

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has seeded a new version of the iPhone 2.0 Beta OS for developers enrolled in the beta iPhone Developer Program. Also available today to all ADC members is an updated version of the iPhone SDK.

The updated iPhone beta firmware, version 5A240d, includes a number of fixes and new features centered on Exchange support, including the additional abilities of receiving and accepting meeting invitations, searching for contacts in the global address list, auto-complete email addresses in the global address list, and setting up an exchange account using Autodiscovery (Exchange 2007).

The final version of the firmware is expected in June as a free update for iPhone users and for a small fee for iPod Touch users.

Today's iPhone OS beta replaces the build originally seeded to developers, which incidentally had timed out today.

Article Link

Comment

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
At this early point in the game, its counter-productive to get caught up in how many bugs/fixes Apple is putting out, but I'll note here that there is still a substantial bug list.

Of course, they got a couple of months to iron it all out.

Comment

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Awesome, Contacts search! Seriously, I got so many people with the same first name in my address book that it's getting ridiculous to scroll up and down. I'd love to have the little photo thumbnail next to the name, too

Comment

mobius42

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
The updated iPhone beta firmware, version 5A240d, includes a number of fixes and new features centered on Exchange support, including the additional abilities of receiving and accepting meeting invitations, searching for contacts in the global address list, auto-complete email addresses in the global address list, and setting up an exchange account using Autodiscovery (Exchange 2007).

That explains the spotlight icon in the contacts list that was shown at the SDK event.

Comment

xamkil83

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Friendswood, Texas
New features are great...I hope that we keep seeing more of them. Global contact search is great, and very much needed my company has over 10,500 contacts in our global lists. I can't wail until June for the iPhone 2.0 update.

Comment

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Version?

Are they still calling it 1.2? or have they upped the version number to 2.0 on this one?

Comment

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
it was 1.2 in the previous one, apple just officially referred to it as 2.0

have a look at the firmware files

Comment

asdavis10

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Bermuda
It's good to see Apple working this fast. My only gripe (and its minor) is that each build of the SDK has to be downloaded in its entirety. And I get that it is still in the beta stages. I just hope that later when its finalized, patches will be available.

Comment

soapsuds

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2004
Why couldn't they have either released the update *before* the last one expired, or else have sent out an email to developers warning that their devices would turn into bricks in the morning... :mad:

Comment

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Oh man, I went into this thread just to see if anyone has asked/answered this. Can anyone confirm? That bug has been the worst bug to live through the past couple of weeks.
No kidding. I'll launch XCode twice, poke around with a few things, and just like that *everything* that I was working on has to be saved and closed just so my computer can crash. :mad:

Comment

christopher3071

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Upstate, NY
I still think its very uncool apple allowed the firmware to expire before issuing the new firmware, imagine not having a phone for a few hours!!!

Comment

Marvin1379

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
New York
It was titled 1.2beta, though it was being called 2.0 beta in the press. link

EDIT: MrT8064 beat me to it :)

Yes, and we refer to it as 2.0 too, but a distinction is to be made between the iPhone hardware and iPhone software. The hardware is being referred to as 2.0, while the next version of the *software* (at least in the beta stage) is version 1.2. Also take a look at iPods. they are all version 1.x.x. Never a 2.x

Comment

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
Awesome, Contacts search! Seriously, I got so many people with the same first name in my address book that it's getting ridiculous to scroll up and down. I'd love to have the little photo thumbnail next to the name, too

Great! I have over 2000 contacts on my phone, and it's a pain to remember every single name in there (like above, there are about 20 people that share the first name "Bob".

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.