Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Will iTunes 10.5 support Leopard and PowerPC?

I am actually concerned about this too. My Power PC G5 running leopard is my only mac desktop with the hard drive space to manage my appleTV video's I fear for the days when apple stops keeping iTunes alive on that platform. It's the last holdout and I want it to stick around at least for awhile yet. I was really disappointed when apple cut Safari support, I can't even run an up to date web browser now because of that... That's all I want, safari and iTunes to stay current on PPC for one more OS release cycle.

ZipZilla

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2003
I have a feeling that iTunes 10 might drop support for those platforms.

which is sad. because apple still supports the 10-year-old Windows XP, but not the 4-year-old Leopard. when you think about it, it's quite outrageous.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
which is sad. because apple still supports the 10-year-old Windows XP, but not the 4-year-old Leopard. when you think about it, it's quite outrageous.
You can still buy a brand-new computer that comes with XP. You have not been able to do this with Leopard for two years now.

thesalmonator

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Greetings,

I know that at sometime before I read about possibly being able to make custom SMS tones. Is that still in the current beta? Or was I just Trololol'd? :(

Thanks!

PS: I want to see the new phone :mad: lol

It sure is still there :) I currently have my text tone set as a short 'in' joke from an old radio show I used to listen to over here in Australia. You just create and sync your custom text tone the same way as you would a custom ringtone and select it under Settings > Sounds > Text Tone. You can also now use any of the standard Apple ringtones as your text tone (there are some pretty nice new ones in iOS 5 as well)

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
Is anyone else getting noticeable audio distortion on iTunes 10.5 Beta 8, especially during high CPU load?

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007

There is still a valid reason to run Windows XP. There are very few for Leopard or earlier.

I am hoping this new iWork for iOS will also come with an announcement for iWork 11.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Anyone else not able to install the iWork betas? Whenever I try, my iPhone says that Keynote wasn't able to be installed. :( I'd really like to try iCloud (and yes, I'm a paying developer).

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Is anyone else getting noticeable audio distortion on iTunes 10.5 Beta 8, especially during high CPU load?

Phew! I thought it was just me, I thought my MacBook Pro's speakers were going bad until I read your post, mine sounds like crap also. :mad:

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009

When you think about it, it's really less than 4 years... 10.5.8 is like 2 years old. A bit more.

----------

You can still buy a brand-new computer that comes with XP. You have not been able to do this with Leopard for two years now.

Gee, solid logic. Btw.. you can't buy a new Mac with Snow Leopard, either, yet I imagine it's supported.

----------

A lot more people use XP than Leotard.

Leotard? Are you twelve?

A lot more people use XP than Lion. By your logic, it shouldn't be supported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.