Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has yet again seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.5.7, this one termed Build 9J56, to developers for testing. World of Apple publishes the seed notes, which detail five changes since the previous build issued last week.
Despite many expecting that the previous build of Mac OS X 10.5.7 would be the one to see a public release Apple today has released a new build labelled 9J56.

The latest build adds another five fixes to the huge list including issues with AFP volumes, Bluetooth stability and crash reporting and logging.
As in the previous six developer seeds, a lack of Safari 4 Beta compatibility is the only remaining issue documented by Apple.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X 10.5.7 Build 9J56 to Developers

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Does anyone know if 10.5.7 fixes the incompatibility experienced while trying to use bluetooth to iPhone 3.0 for internet tethering on the latest (Unibody) Macbooks?

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
I really hope this is a good fix and nice and stable. It might have to tide me over until 10.6 becomes stable and dependable.

Might be a good few months before I do anything to my OS after this latest update.

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
"Bluetooth stability"....

From the seed notes: Areas of Change
•Bluetooth compatibility and stability fixes

I hope that means what I think it means, in that it fixes the non-tracking and intermittent signal dropping Mighty Mouse/Keyboard issue. Got my fingers crossed.

Rich :cool:

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Guess we won't be seeing this one for a long, long time...they still haven't even bothered to fix the Safari 4 lockout bug. This is apparently the 6th beta released where that was the "only issue?"

Normally I wouldn't care, but I am waiting on 10.5.7 to reformat my Dell mini 9 as a hackintosh.

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
6 seeds, 1 issue. Wow! It must be a tough nut to crack.

In my humble opinion, the Safari 4 support will not be a bug in Leopard but a bug in the Safari Beta hence no fix listed.

Apple will likely issue a new beta of Safari within a few days of the release.

h.21

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
MacRumors has not been reporting these things in a timely manner. The last 10 or so news stories that have been posted, with exception of the financial results posted yesterday, have all been a day or more late. CNN doesn't post news stories a day after they've happened. What's going on here?

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
this has to be one of the longest waited point updates.... they were throwing them out every 2-3 months before!

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
MacRumors has not been reporting these things in a timely manner. The last 10 or so news stories that have been posted, with exception of the financial results posted yesterday, have all been a day or more late. CNN doesn't post news stories a day after they've happened. What's going on here?
Noticed that as well. They must be busy or not consider this terribly newsworthy.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
In my humble opinion, the Safari 4 support will not be a bug in Leopard but a bug in the Safari Beta hence no fix listed.

Apple will likely issue a new beta of Safari within a few days of the release.

It's not a bug. Safari 4 is checking for your system information when it installs. When it sees something newer than 10.5.6 it does not install. They just need to release a new installer for Safari 4 Beta. It does not mean that Safari 4 Beta doesn't work with 10.5.7.

spill

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Wonder if this will fix anything related to the problems with USB tethering of dslr equipment (Canon and Nikon, at least). There's a pretty nasty bug that was introduced in 10.5.6 that causes an enormous memory leak in the "Image Capture Extension" stuff making it impossible to use those devices with 10.5.6 in a usb tethered mode.

The 10.5.7 change lists aren't referencing it, so I'm getting a bit of a queasy feeling. :(

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.