Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the first beta and two weeks after releasing macOS High Sierra 10.13.3.

The new macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 includes bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. The update includes support for some features that are also available in iOS 11.3, like Messages on iCloud, which uploads all of your iMessages to the cloud. It will also support Business Chat, a feature coming when iOS 11.3 and macOS 10.13.4 are released to the public.

The new macOS update also includes the smoke cloud wallpaper that was previously only available on the iMac Pro, and it introduces a warning when opening up a 32-bit app as part of an effort to phase them out.

In the future, Apple plans to phase out 32-bit Mac apps, just like it did with 32-bit iOS apps. Apple says macOS High Sierra is the last version of macOS that will support 32-bit apps without compromises.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 to Developers

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
I’ve heard this is the release that makes MacOS solid. Yes, still bugs as there will always be, but the release that isn’t brand damaging and the one Apple should have released.

Clearly, Apple needed another four months—plus even more time to finish the other features.

Reactions: KingOfStuff

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
(Already submitted via Feedback app)

Anyone else experiencing external display issues? I have a MacBook Pro -> Apple Thunderbolt Display -> Caldigit T3 -> Apple LED Cinema Display, since this last beta I am unable to have video on both displays unless I have the LED Display connected directly to the MacBook Pro. Just curious if I am going crazy.

cclarke99

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2014
Seattle, WA
This release also has a lot of goodies for eGPU owners. We can now attach remove the egpu without a logout. Also clamshell mode is now supported. Looking forward to the final version to install on my production computer.
What kind of eGPU setup do you have going? I've been considering a 13" Macbook Pro but the lack of high end graphics is a killer for me.

dan9700

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
any update on why adblocks don't save they install but once I cancel safari they delete

MisterAndrew

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Preview and Photos app are still broken (as in the first beta) with this release on Mac Pro 5,1 with Apple ATI HD 5870 graphics. Preview displays solid blue screen. Photos displays solid red screen.

Also, iBooks app is now missing.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

-BigMac-

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I’ve heard this is the release that makes MacOS solid. Yes, still bugs as there will always be, but the release that isn’t brand damaging and the one Apple should have released.

Clearly, Apple needed another four months—plus even more time to finish the other features.
Where have you heard this and who from? Link?

mzeb

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2007
What kind of eGPU setup do you have going? I've been considering a 13" Macbook Pro but the lack of high end graphics is a killer for me.
I run a 2017 MBP 13” with a Mantiz Venus and a Sappire Radeon 580 Nitro+. I’ve had good success with it. Runs games on both macOS and Windows well. Things run as expected on the macOS side, Windows has issues with hot plugging the eGPU. Not surprising given Apple’s limited set of supported cards and MS supporting everything under the sun.

Reactions: dhershberger

cclarke99

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2014
Seattle, WA
I run a 2017 MBP 13” with a Mantiz Venus and a Sappire Radeon 580 Nitro+. I’ve had good success with it. Runs games on both macOS and Windows well. Things run as expected on the macOS side, Windows has issues with hot plugging the eGPU. Not surprising given Apple’s limited set of supported cards and MS supporting everything under the sun.
Nice. Thanks! I'll try and pick up an external housing soon and play around with my GTX 1070... I'm wondering if NVidia's web drivers work with it.