Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnott

macrumors member
May 28, 2014
Can anyone confirm mail bodies vanishing when moving a mail with attachments from an exchange online folder to a local folder? Happens consistently here.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
they used to only put macOS in the app store, now its showing as an upgrade in software upgrade, and the red number 1 is showing in system preferences, so they kind of are forcing you really...

There's a huge gap between "forcing" and a gentle reminder.

If someone is getting a severe case of the shakes from seeing the red dot, perhaps there are more serious issues to address.

Reactions: 28Gauge

peterdev

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
Thats not Apples fault but the App vendors fault, they have known for years 32bit app support would end. Apple have made it easy in xcode to move to 64bit. So dont blame Catalina blame the software vendor, if it wasnt for companies like Apple pushing forward and removing old tech we would all still have VGA ports and CD drives.

I am not talking about 32bit apps, I get that. I am talking about 64bit apps, that should work, but cannot be verified by Apple. I do not give a monkey about that; if I want to install an app that should work (64bit), give me the option to do so, without having me going into terminal with a command which was extremely hard to find.
I do not want Apple to hold my hand, at least not on my Mac. This is a new thing on Catalina, unannounced, and awful!

Meñito

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
I have many nightmares when trying to do a clean Catalina installation, it has literally taken me 4 days, due to the fact that apple servers seem to be connected to a dial-up internet access line in the mid-80s.

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
I am not talking about 32bit apps, I get that. I am talking about 64bit apps, that should work, but cannot be verified by Apple. I do not give a monkey about that; if I want to install an app that should work (64bit), give me the option to do so, without having me going into terminal with a command which was extremely hard to find.
I do not want Apple to hold my hand, at least not on my Mac. This is a new thing on Catalina, unannounced, and awful!
You should be able to trick it by right mouse click the app and select "open" from the dialog.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Good luck to all you Catalina beta-testers out there (i.e. those of you who upgraded). I'm not touching this until at least 10.15.3. Catalina was such a disaster even through the real beta testing cycle. If Apple still pride themselves on quality (and make no mistake, their quality control has steadily been going down over the years) then they should change to releasing something when it's ready and not just because it's e.g. September.
Good luck to all you Catalina beta testers. I'm not touching this until 10.17 comes out. I always go 2 software updates behind because I want 6 sigma reliability in my software. I expect zero bugs and absolute perfection. /s

LOL Aliases

Reactions: felixculpa

Surfheart

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
This OS has been a disaster at my work (University) So much broken stuff. IT have put out a warning advisory not to install it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.