Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i just hope iOS 8.1 fixes the lag i'm still experiencing in the multitasking screen in iOS 8.0.2

i have a iphone 5

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I'm seeing it in 8.0.2. I can either save it or copy the URL.

I have noticed, though, that copying and pasting is a huge mess, at least in Safari. When selecting text it's very easy to make it glitch and have it "select" back and forth between things. It also seems harder to select specific words, and scrolling+selecting usually ends up in a "stuck" scrolling state and I have to reload.

Sure you can select copy, but if you go to the address bar and long press you get no paste option. Apparently the only thing copy does is allow you to paste the image in iMessage or Mail. Copy/paste is just glitchy period. I'd love to know what Apple was working on in 8 that messed up simple copy/paste. I had no issue with it in iOS 7.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I'm just glad there is a new Xcode 6.1 GM. The previous GM was a turd sandwich when editing Swift code.

OH THANK YOU APPLE!

I thought I would have to put up with another week of making a small change and the syntax highlighting and issues to go haywire.

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Had this. Were you watching the second Huger Games by any chance?

Edit: I ask because Effie says "History" in a way which sounds like someone mumbling "Hey Siri".

No it wasn't Hunger Games... but interesting comment. Maybe the show I watched did use the word history and Siri picked up Hey Siri. I told Siri to shut down, go to sleep, etc, but she didn't understand.

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
I've been getting this a lot, was watching TV last night whilst doing some dev work, Siri kept popping up all the time in response to random TV audio. I've disabled that feature for now which is a shame as I like using it in the car but can't be bothered to keep reminding myself to switch it on and off.

I also don't like the feature works with the phone unlocked. I'll be using it plugged in and someone will say something and activate Siri. Or if my wife is playing a game plugged in and I'll say hey Siri just to mess with her

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
No it wasn't Hunger Games... but interesting comment. Maybe the show I watched did use the word history and Siri picked up Hey Siri. I told Siri to shut down, go to sleep, etc, but she didn't understand.

I wonder if putting the phone into Do Not Disturb shuts that function off?

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
Sure hope this fixes the syncing with iTunes issue. As it stands now, with my iPhone 6 and iOS 8.0.2, when it's attached directly to my iMac, syncing goes on for about an hour and about 25% of my songs, as well as some of my playlists, will not transfer to the iPhone. Everything syncs perfectly with my iPad Mini running iOS 7.1.2.

People still sync their phones with itunes? Who knew?

bob1459

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2013
I have always have been looking for two fixes..Not asking a lot..

Email

1. Ability to collapse folders
2. Able to use distributions lists from Outlook.

I am sure many use their iPhone for business.

Seems simple.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Probably not safe to update over the air if you have not registered your UDID. Just a heads up for all those people.

EDIT: Apparently this is not the case. Enjoy!

Was just going to say, "-Worked for me with no issues". :D

newfoundglory

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
I would be curious to hear if 8.1 adds any performance improvements on iPhone 4S and iPad 2?. 8.0.2 performs well on my 5S but is dog slow on my iPad 2.

Too early to say on the 4S, feels good, there is new modem firmware in this beta 2 update for the 4S, which is 5.4.00, up from 5.3.02 in beta 1

Carrier version bump on mine as well.

So I will be testing beta 2 with this in mind.

Last edited:

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
I've been eagerly awaiting the 8.1 update but am glad to see they are testing it.

Uh -the pool of 'testers' need to be expanded to include regular folks (assuming they don't do already). If I am a developer the only thing I will check is if my application is running fine on the new release and that's about it.

Otherwise all of these core services such WiFi, Cellular and Bluetooth will continue to ship broken - this is a yearly occurrence with the 0.x releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.