Apple Seeds Seventh Beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.4 to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 16, 2017.

1. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

Because after everything whined and not, they still know that the experience is pretty much unmatched as a total package. And, whine is the new cool.

2. dantroline macrumors regular

dantroline

White is not an emulator.

3. Nord macrumors member

Nord

Who cares about night Shift, solve the catastrophic storage management "Your Mac is full" issues since Sierra day 1 first, then add features!

4. imran5720 macrumors regular

imran5720

I am myself a developer, and if i'll send a 7th iteration to client with still bugs in it, they are simply going to cancel the contract :)

5. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

:D the perils of not being Apple or Microsoft or any OS provider! Since they do not "run" on you, they have the luxury of the liberty to cancel.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

You are saying your software is completely bug free? (Or for what matter the environment, tools, and the OS you are using are bug free?)

7. ScooterComputer macrumors regular

ScooterComputer

Yup, I'm betting the issues are related. I know folks have complained about slow text editing in Safari text fields on comment sites, and I'd bet Safari is using the new text APIs (I mean, I have no doubt). I jumped from 10.9.5 to 10.12, so I really don't know –when– the change really started to be a problem, but –something– is very wrong. I probably should start taking more note of which apps I have performance issues within.

I'd guess that most users on iOS don't see the performance issues because most users are typing with two thumbs… not 60+ wpm on a keyboard, complete with 5+ wpm of misspelling ;)

8. AJClayton macrumors 6502

AJClayton

For me, Yosemite and El Capitan were both fine. The problems started as soon as I "upgraded" to Sierra in late December 2016.

I'm pinning my hopes on 10.12.4 fixing things. Doesn't look as if I'll have long to wait for it be released.