Apple Shares First Full Trailer For 'The Morning Show'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com

After posting a brief teaser last week, Apple today shared the first official trailer for "The Morning Show" starring Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell.

The trailer provides the first glimpse at each character on the show, which centers around a struggle for power behind the scenes of a network news show.

Aniston plays one of the anchors of The Morning Show, while Carell plays a former anchor who was fired following accusations made against him on the show. The trailer also reveals that Witherspoon will play a reporter who begins rising up the ranks, potentially threatening Aniston's job.

"The Morning Show" will launch this fall on Apple TV+, but Apple hasn't yet provided a release date for its new streaming service. There are quite a few other shows that will be coming out on the platform, all of which we've rounded up here.

Article Link: Apple Shares First Full Trailer For 'The Morning Show'

alpi123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2014
I don't live it in the USA but are people really interested in that kind of series (from Apple)?

I'd hope they would make a killer show like GOT or Stranger Things, something that people can easily understand and watch. I thought that was the point of Apple's streaming service - to compete with Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc.

triton100

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Oh that’s disappointing. Thought there might be some promise in this show as I like aniston. But I’m just not interested in the lives of vacuous tabloid fodder morning show tv presenter personalities whether in real life or dramatised.

who the heck is in charge of commissioning at Apple ? They are going to be at risk of damaging their brand. Come on Apple get it together.

Medic

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
London, UK
I don't live it in the USA, nor I have seen the show, but are people really interested in that kind of series (from Apple)?
Whilst I welcome a change from what seems never ending trickle of super hero shows and spin offs, not sure this type of melodrama "a TV show about a TV show" will gather much following nor success.

It could be that ATV+ is short-lived if they only opt for this type of thing.

malexandria22

Suspended
Jul 1, 2019
I don't live it in the USA but are people really interested in that kind of series (from Apple)?

I'd hope they would make a killer show like GOT or Stranger Things, something that people can easily understand and watch. I thought that was the point of Apple's streaming service - to compete with Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc.
Just because that’s what YOU like doesn’t mean everyone wants those kinds of series. There literally a dozen Game of Thrones type fantasy series coming out in the next 2 yrs. Apple doesn’t need to create their own to be successful and those productions costs hundreds of millions they are starting “small” and Jason Mamoa has a fantasy series
coming to Apple next year anyway.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011

So you want Apple TV+ to just be a clone of Netflix and HBO?

Duel

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2011
I think they did a great job with the trailer, it has emotion and real feeling. I’m not interested about this kind a show, but this trailer made me want to see atleast first episode. I think this will find it’s audience, propably mostly from ladies.

Also earlier i thought this would be comedy series.

Reactions: Ar40

Chrjy

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010
UK

I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be interested in this, especially with such a strong cast. The same way I have my own tastes and preferences, for example I can't stand GoT or Stranger Things. That's not to say that I don't understand why others would like those series.

diamornte

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2009
Looks like Apple slapped together a script based on Charlie Rose’s sex scandal on CBS’ morning show, except in this portrayal of reality, there are not as many colored people in the world because everyone is so “color blind” that different looking people don’t get representation on the screen.