Apple Shares New 'Slofie' Videos Shot on iPhone 11

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared four new "Slofie" videos on its YouTube channel, each shot on the iPhone 11.

"Slofie" is Apple's marketing term for a slow-motion selfie video. Unlike older iPhones, the front-facing camera on iPhone 11 models supports slow-motion video recording at 120 frames per second.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Slofie' Videos Shot on iPhone 11

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Man I’m still totally paranoid about getting my iPhone 11 Pro wet. I just can’t get it into my head it’s ok. I’m had 2 iPhone broken from water - it gives me a panic attack to look at the video of the guy in the sprinkler!! 😂 Anyone use their iPhone 11 Pro in water yet? Any issues?

Reactions: TQT

Bandaman

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2019

Thank you for proving my point ...
- - Post merged: - -

Man I’m still totally paranoid about getting my iPhone 11 Pro wet. I just can’t get it into my head it’s ok. I’m had 2 iPhone broken from water - it gives me a panic attack to look at the video of the guy in the sprinkler!! 😂 Anyone use their iPhone 11 Pro in water yet? Any issues?
I haven't personally been near water with mine, but my mother dropped hers in a cup of soda not too long ago and it's perfectly fine. :eek:

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Not every feature Apple implements is meant for every segment of society.

Like it or not, the young whipper snappers are a focal point for advertisers as well as adults who are trying to monetize their personal life through social media.

Iphone features have nothing to do with the current state of other Apple products mentioned so, stop with the logical fallacy rhetoric.

dannyyankou

macrumors G3
Mar 2, 2012
Scarsdale, NY
This is why Mac Pro took so many years and iMac is still nowhere to be seen. Hahahaha, stupid Apple nonsense.
Can we get some useful features than these gimmicks, please?
I’m sure the people working on slofies were the same people who were working on the Mac Pro.

Wait, that’s not true, they have a separate hardware team for Mac and iPad engineering, led by John Ternus.

SpinThis!

macrumors 6502
I find the whole selfie/slofie thing pretty pointless but this is actually a really clever campaign.

By breaking down the fourth wall and showing how these were "made", Apple is somewhat acknowledging the ridiculousness of it while still catering to the people who want to take them.

In a sense, Apple are trolling their own feature...

Last edited:

Baymowe335

macrumors 603
Oct 6, 2017
‘This feature brought to you by the funds that should have been allocated towards the prosumer devices.’
Ah yes, the misguided "these dollars should be spent elsewhere" argument as if that's how it works.
- - Post merged: - -

I find the whole selfie/slofie thing pretty pointless but this is actually a really clever campaign.

By breaking down the fourth wall and showing how these were "made", Apple is somewhat acknowledging the ridiculousness of it while still catering to the people who want to take them.

You missed the message, but don't worry, not everyone did.

The basic premise is slofies can make even silly situations and uncool people look cool. It all looks cool in slow motion. Ever seen an explosion/walk away in an action movie? Yeah, watch that in real time.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA

Was going to mention this. At least they’re self-counsciously silly. I’ve changed my mind and actually think these will catch on a little bit.

gene731

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2015
Not every feature Apple implements is meant for every segment of society.

Like it or not, the young whipper snappers are a focal point for advertisers as well as adults who are trying to monetize their personal life through social media.

Iphone features have nothing to do with the current state of other Apple products mentioned so, stop with the logical fallacy rhetoric.
That’s what I think as well. A lot of teenagers and maybe early 20’s are clamoring for these type of features and no need for Apple to sit on the sidelines while other companies do this (or similar features that may not interest all of us)

Reactions: Donovan Dillon