Apple Shares New 'Sticker Fight' Video Promoting iMessage Stickers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 13, 2017.

1. old-mac-man macrumors regular

2. Royal Gala macrumors regular

Royal Gala

Consumers vote with their wallets. The shareholders are happy because consumer demand for apple's products is clearly extremely buoyant. To quote the press release I linked you to before: an "all-time record quarterly revenue of $78.4 billion". Evidently, it's not just the shareholders who are content.

3. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

With the downward trend of Mac sales, it's also obvious that many former Mac users, and would be MAc users, are the opposite of content with Apple's offerings.

DARNIT!!! I keep on forgetting, Apple's not really a computer company anymore.

4. Royal Gala, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

Royal Gala macrumors regular

Royal Gala

Apple has been much more than a computer company for a long while now.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but it's false. The number of Macs being bought each year has not declined; it is only the rate of growth of Mac sales that has slowed. Sales growth has remained positive, meaning that Apple sells a higher quantity of macs every year. Apple has had just one year (2012) since 2007 where it sold fewer macs than it did the year prior, as shown on the chart below.

IMG_4233.JPG

See the following article for further info:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-macbook-vs-pc-sales-chart-2016-11

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You are missing the point. I didn't own a 2012-2015 retina MacBook Pro precisely because it wasn't thin and light enough for me. I ultimately settled on the MacBook Air.

What Apple is doing here is making the MacBook Pro more accessible to a wider user base. I will admit that I do find the current lineup of MacBook pros very enticing because they combine a retina screen and specs with portability.

Learn to look beyond your own immediate needs for once.

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Personally, I find the comments here generally suffer from a lack of perspective and critical thinking. Their version of calling Apple out on a bad move invariably boils down to blasting Apple for not including 32 gb of ram in a laptop while dismissing everything else Apple does as frivolous, regardless of actual merit. It doesn't occur to them to step outside their own bubble for once and consider that there is a much wider and more varied user base than the pro-Mac community found here, and that there is a much bigger picture at stake here.

This isn't acknowledging a bad call when you see one. This is claiming every call was bad simply because your favourite player isn't on the field, even if they were indeed the best plays possible by another player.

Very myopic indeed.

7. old-mac-man macrumors regular

Well this is a very subjective opinion, but Apple seem to be falling into the Microsoft trap of believing that just because they're doing great now, that will always be the case.

The revenue breakdown appears to suggest that Apple is becoming increasingly dependent on the iPhone. If for whatever reason the next iPhone fails .....

8. LordVic macrumors 68040

What Apple did, was take what should have been the MacBook Air 2.0, and call it a "pro", so that you, who are fine with consumer based technology, will make the very same claim you are.

while not actually providing the computer that the previous "pro" owners need to upgrade from.

the new Mac Boook Pro should have been the replacement for the MacBook Air. and thats the fundamental difference you fail to recognize. The consumers got a new ultrabook with the pro badge, which is always going to appeal to emotions. it's a psychological thing.

meanwhile, all those people who rely on computer power who traditionally called themselves "pro" are out in the cold without a real upgrade.

again: and I Really not trying to sound mean here. But the viewpoint you have is very myopic on the "pro" industry that has been abandoned by Apple after nearly 3 decades. Apple has rebranded their Pro lineup to be consumer tech, while not continuing to offer those who need constant computer power upgrade paths anything in their product lineup.

SO, as someone who relies heavily on performance for a living, where a 10% increase in CPU performance could mean saving 2-5 hours off a given task, the new MacBook Pro is not an upgrade just because it's thinner and lighter. It's a downgrade, because it costs $500 more for the exact same compute power I can get in last generation model. Or, for $500 less, I can get a bigger upgrade from Dell or Razer to my performance.

The new MacBook Pro's are not "PRO". they're consumer tech with PRO badging. It's like adding a VTEC sticker to your honda and thinking it's a race car.

9. M.PaulCezanne macrumors regular

M.PaulCezanne