Apple Shares New Videos in iPhone Tips Series Covering Wallet, Face ID, Live Photos, Apple Support App and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 9, 2019.

1. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

They still need to add the wallet to the iPhone 5S which has Touch ID and iOS 12.

2. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I don't dislike Apple in fact I use their products everyday.
    Second, there's always room for criticism when things aren't right, I'm not a blind fanboy who just got his first iPhone and from now on will defend Apple like they pay me a salary every month, if you know what I mean...
    Third Apple clearly didn't sold as much iPhones are they expected this year, why? Too high prices for not much technology and innovation inside. Nothing in the iPhone XS is worth compared to the X.
    Fourth, I don't crave attention, you seem to be the one who seems to want it since you quoted me waiting for a response from my part.
    I hope all those points stick to you. If you're going to answer back with more blindfolded arguments, don't bother. I buy products based on what they can offer me and criticize whatever I want in them if they're not up to the task.
    Remember this is a public forum and there's other products forums, including daily news, besides Apple.
    It's not as Apple centric as you say.
    Take your own Apple centric out of the way, it's not gonna help you.

3. Duel macrumors member

Good timing with the Face ID ad when seeing how much negative feedback S10 finger scanner is getting from it's users and reviews.

Apple really was smart ditching underscreen scanner years ago.

4. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

That’s strange... I thought they said a great product shouldn't come with a manual on how to use

5. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

What the heck are you even saying now?
    If the product is easy to use and intuitive it shouldn't have a manual to know how to use.

You didn't get that? 'o_O

6. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Then why did apple offer classes on how to use ios? I remember taking a class on how to use an ipad on ios 5. But this entire subtle "bashing" is actually fun to watch as in: "i though a great product didn't need an instruction manual". In that vein there are no great products I guess. Not one.

7. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

That's the point lol!
    They claimed a good product should be easy and intuitive to use and would require no manual.
    Then suddenly there's tons of "how to use X feature from iPhone" tweets and videos.

8. PickUrPoison, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019

PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

I get that you changed your argument when I called you out on your ridiculous reply to this article.

You: great products shouldn’t come with a manual on how to use it, iOS is so hard to use Apple now has to make a manual. Nice, what a clever burn on Apple lolololol!

Me: What the heck are you even saying? This isn’t a manual, it’s a video, duh.

You: You’re right, that was a pretty ridiculous comment. Let me try to save face by claiming Apple said something they never said: well, what I meant was I thought Apple said great products shouldn’t need a video on how to use them

Me: Nice attempt at trying to create a straw man (not)

You: If the product is easy to use and intuitive it shouldn't have a manual to know how to use

Me: What the heck are you even saying? This isn’t a manual, it’s a video, duh.

And we’re back to where we started. Why are you doubling down on the same ridiculous comment? Yikes.

9. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Do I really have to explain to you what a manual is? A video on how something works is considered a guided manual... Thought you were better than that.

10. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

Your “point” makes no sense. Tweets and videos aren’t manuals :rolleyes:
    Poor attempt at trying to re-define your way out of this.

Manual:

noun
    1. a book of instructions, especially for operating a machine or learning a subject; a handbook.
    If your entire argument is going to be based on trying to convince me a tweet or video is a manual, don’t bother. You won’t be able to. I know what a manual is.

11. scrapesleon macrumors 6502a

scrapesleon

lmao at least he didn’t take a loan though
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2019 ---
    How it is the first I’m hearing about this Apple support app?

12. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

It seems you have no idea what a metaphor is. But anyway. I'm not gonna waste my time with trolling comments.

13. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

Apple (iPhone) is already winning the market share battle, do not sure how you can claim they’re losing.

If someone offered me an S10 I’d definitely put my “hands down” and say no thanks.

14. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

It seems you have no idea what a manual is. (Or a metaphor.)

And it would be well appreciated if you would stop wasting your time with trolling comments.

15. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Sure you would. Yes it's true Apple is losing market share, and you'rec clueless if you think Apple holds the smartphone market share. You forgot Huawei/Xiaomi in India and China which are huge markets, same for Samsung in Europe. Apple may sell the most on US but that's about it.

16. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

I wouldn’t use a Samsung (or anything that runs Android, for that matter) if they paid me.

17. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

Nope. I have access to lots of various Android devices, most recent being a Note 9. Very familiar with how they work and all are inferior to my XS Max. But in order to test Apps you need devices to run them on.

iPhone market share is greater than the market share of Android flagships. Just the other day it was predicted Samsung will sell 45 million Galaxy S phones this year. That’s a far cry from the close to 200 million iPhones Apple will sell. And Samsung sells, by far, more flagships than anyone in the Android world. Huawei sells a lot of phones, but like Samsung only a small portion of those are flagships. Google hasn’t even sold 10 million Pixel phones in total since the first Pixel.

Sure Android overall has a higher market share, but that’s irrelevant. Market share can only be compared between similar products. And in the high end smartphone market Apple dominates.

18. Scooz macrumors 6502

Scooz

Ok. Short clips.

But, please, stop using this stupid "That‘s..." scheme.

For years now I need to hear that over-understating clever end move at every feature, product or framework presentation by Apple:

"And thaaahat, Ladies and Gentlemen, is <Featurename>."

Soooo embarrassing.

19. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I'm not talking about flagships but the whole picture of smartphone sales. Android has way more market share. It doesn't matter if most are cheaper devices or not. The point is that Apple is losing theirs by their lack of features and overpriced prices practices. You speak as the Note 9 inferior to your XS Max when it's basically superior in everything, don't forget your iPhone MAX is using the Note's parts. To each their own I guess. You can argue how you prefer iOS to Android, but saying the Note 9 is inferior, you either never had the phone, or used it a day and returned.

20. alexhardaker macrumors regular

Why was it hard to like? Can you give examples? I’ve used iOS since the 2nd generation iPod touch, and I found it very intuitive.

21. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

There are many hidden settings that users don't know. For example why are the camera settings hidden and not within the camera app? Why when you setup your iPhone and have an Apple music subscription, it is disabled by default making you need to go into settings and music settings to enable? There's many non intuitive things with iOS lately...
    How am I also supposed to know in safari that I force press the tabs icon, I will have access to a menu to close all tabs?

22. alexhardaker macrumors regular

With so many features, you kinda can’t avoid that after a few years. The Mac had tip videos too, you know.

23. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Sure but the Mac isn't the same concept as the iPhone.
    Edit: in fact the ads were meant for switchers from Windows to learn how to use a completely different system.

24. alexhardaker macrumors regular

Fair enough. The only one I agree with you there is the tabs one. It’s what these videos are for
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2019 ---
    Exactly, there you go

25. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

Exactly. It’s funny to see the Samsung Defense Force explain how they dominate the under-$250 ASP market compared to iOS. Ummm Hello!! Apple doesn’t participate in the under-$250 ASP smartphone market. Samsung can sell all the $100 phones they want, Apple could not care less.

It really drives Samsung fans nuts that every quarter Apple has an ASP in the $600-800 range. They just can’t understand why Apple’s customers are so willing to spend that kind of money on iPhones, when they can get a Samsung “flagship” for so much less. They just don’t get it—we want iOS, not Android.