Apple Shares Two New iPad Pro Ads in Twitter-Based Campaign

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 3, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today continued on with its latest iPad Pro campaign, today sharing two new Twitter-based video ads highlighting features like the Apple Pencil, the built-in camera, and recording functions.

The first ad focuses on the note taking capabilities of the iPad Pro, explaining that students can take better notes with the Apple Pencil and even use the recording capabilities of the device to capture full lectures.

The second video points out that an iPad Pro can replace several existing desktop accessories, like a scanner, a pad of paper, and a laptop.

Like the rest of the videos in the new iPad Pro campaign, the two new spots use real tweets from real people, with each video focusing on a problem someone has tweeted about.

Apple has shared several videos in the campaign so far, focusing on features like LTE connectivity, speed, the Apple Pencil, apps like Microsoft Word, and more.

The ad series comes as Apple is rumored to be preparing to introduce an updated iPad Pro lineup, perhaps as early as March. A flagship 10.5-inch iPad Pro with an upgraded processor and edge-to-edge display is rumored to be in the works alongside refreshed 9.7, 12.9, and perhaps 7.9-inch tablets.

Article Link: Apple Shares Two New iPad Pro Ads in Twitter-Based Campaign

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I may be going against the grain here, but I found these to be pretty good.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Awesome ads! I'm almost tempted to order another iPad Pro (I already own 2 of them) :)

4. vertical smile macrumors 68000

vertical smile

I know there are going to be people that like these ads, but some are just horrible.

I have been seeing the MS word one a lot lately, that one is just stupid. Does this type of advertising work on people? Who is the demographic they are going for?

Also, the ridiculous "the iPad doesn't get PC Viruses" statement. The iPad also doesn't get Mac Viruses, or the bird flu, or STDs.

Again, who is the target audience for these ads?

5. Radon87000 macrumors 68040

Woah.It can scan papers and record lectures. Now thats a pro device right there

6. yanksfan114 macrumors regular

Can confirm that taking notes in Notability with the Apple Pencil is great. Whenever I'm in a meeting I'll record it while writing notes. Then later if I forget what specifically was said, I can listen to the recording and it'll tell me what I was writing at the time. Makes my managers a lot more impressed that I never forget things ;)

7. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502

magicschoolbus

Looks like the iPad Pro is self-identifying as a Macbook Pro.

8. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502

aaronhead14

9. Shaun, UK macrumors 68030

These ads are pathetic conmpared to previous iPad ads.

10. Appleaker macrumors 65816

The new iPad Pro ad campaign (format) is good but the message is almost always annoying and in many ways misleading.

11. Avieshek, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017

Avieshek macrumors 6502

Avieshek

Pigeon: Pro Pro Pro..

"Use it as a Laptop"
    Why not focus directly on the Laptop, since you.. mac them? (The iWork, the extinct Aperture or iCloud storage)

12. tann macrumors 68000

I still don't think it can replace a laptop for anyone using it for more than some content consumption and very basic email / note taking.

Definitely a less effective device for school (in the context of writing essays etc).

13. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

14. rp2011 macrumors 6502a

rp2011

Lol
    Ok these are pretty good.
    The one with the puppet especially. I can see kids and other like minded "grown-ups" repeating that...

"good, because we're best friends" line wayyy too often.

15. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

iOS needs remote management. I would love to get an iPad Pro for my grandparents, but I need to be able to remotely connect into it show them things sometimes. It's super easy with Windows... impossible on iOS.

16. AppleInLVX macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

I didn't know you could record audio while taking a note in Apple Notes. In fact, I still can't find that function on the iPhone... iPad Pro only for some reason?

17. Dave245 macrumors 68040

I think these ads are great, they explain exactly what the iPad Pro is for. I think some people are getting it completely wrong, no one is saying that the iPad Pro is for the series video editor. Look at the videos and you will see that they highlight features that are aimed at students and people who would normally use a laptop to write essays, take notes, emails, scanning and so on. It's in that way the iPad Pro can replace a laptop.

18. Kapangas macrumors member

No, it's the Notability app, and it costs 10 dollars.

19. Relentless Power, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G4

Relentless Power

They're quick, short and to the point. That's how it should be to get the point across some times.

20. OneBagTravel macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

I'm just surprised these got approved by the proper channels.

21. Dave245 macrumors 68040

I disagree, I've used mine to write with, I'm a writer so I write for long periods of time. I have the Apple Pencil and it's great for drawing and note taking when you want to write in your own hand writing. I can see school students using it to take notes with and even write pappers with.

22. Kapangas macrumors member

She says that her math notes are a mess, and then they show somebody taking anatomy notes in the iPad o_O

23. tann macrumors 68000

Fair enough if you can, but for me and those I know the lack of a cursor or mouse is infuriating.

Having to lift up and touch the screen is very inefficient and impractical for making small movements and selecting menu items (e.g. in word).

I agree if notes is all you want, then it's good. But for word processing I can't agree.

24. Dave245 macrumors 68040

You can use the Smart Keyboard which is actually a nice addition, it feels very much like the butterfly one on the new MacBook. I do get what you mean about reaching up and touching the screen, I wish they would add more shortcuts to the Smart Keyboard which they may do in the next one.
    I think if your after a curser and or mouse then yea your better off with a laptop, don't get me wrong I still own a Mac as well it's just that I've found since I've had my iPad Pro that I no longer use my MacBook Pro 2011 as much as I use to for the simple tasks such as email, word processing and so on.

25. Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

LOL! Twitter campaign! Apple is really lost in the marketing department.