Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by petvas, Oct 20, 2013.
Apple updated the GM build. The current version is
Just reinstall from the AppStore
Odd because mine is listed as Version 10.9 (not build #).
Click on the 10.9 text and it will change to build number. Click again for serial number.
Thanks, still 13A598 for me. Also on the Apple Seed site it does't have the new build listed.
Also all past builds have beed App Store updates. Is it now auto?
Just to make it clear: The new version doesn't appear as a new update. Just go to the purchases tab in the Mac AppStore and redownload Mavericks. It will download the new build.
I wonder if the previous build will still be able to update after official launch. For a lot of people who do clean installs it would be a very annoying thing to do just for a couple of minor bug fixes considering Apple said our previous build was GM so everyone made themselves at home in the OS.
THX, Just skimming over and it looks like a full install for ??? (assume just some mirror bug fixes). I will skip and just wait on a true update or until the GM is released unless some compelling info (changes) shows up.
I agree. I hardly think this tiny update is worth a complete download and reinstall so close to public release. They better have updates for the version we are on right now come public release.
"GM Seed" doesn't necessarily mean final version. Many people have been experiencing system freezes with Mavericks (rarely but the do happen), and maybe Apple fixed that (I hope)...This is a showstopper bug for me.
I successfully updated my Macbook Air to the latest version, but my rMBP failed during installation and the error message was that my SSD is corrupt and couldn't be repaired. The installation program offered me to start the installation again, which I selected, and now it is looking good. Setup is almost finished and hopefully I won't have any errors that the file system is corrupt.
After installation I am surely doing a disk check, just in case..
Update: Setup finished successfully and I checked the boot disk. The file system had a corruption and I am repairing it now..Mavericks was at least right..
So does anyone know what was changed in the update, and if its known for sure if we'll have to completely re-install? that would be pretty annoying :/
Why not release an update with minor bug fixes instead of a completely new build which has to be reinstalled from scratch. Just doesn't make sense to me. Is there something major in this update? For such a small update, I doubt it. I'll hold off until mavericks has been officially released before updating. If in the event that apple don't offer updates to those still on build 13A598, I'm sure we could modify the system version plist file to match the new build number. So it's not that big a deal.
Besides, how come the people informing about this supposed update appear in German sites? Haven't any English-speaking developers received this "new" GM?
Way to early for the U.S., (on a Sunday)
I just saw this because of this thread, I just can't decide if I want to download the full installer or wait to see someone report out on changes.
I'm not happy . Couldn't they just release an alpha update for the first GM?...
I'm on 13A598 too and software update says "No Updates Available". This should be interesting.
Maybe someone can try downloading the Mavericks installer today to see which version is available. Is there any way to tell without actually having to go through the installation process?
Well, believe it or not, people in England speak English too!
Neither did I see a update to current GM mavericks 13A598.
I just redownloaded a copy from the App Store and it is 13a603.
Any notable changes by any chance?
The help files seem to be ok now. The previous build was missing help files for Safari (at least in German), so we knew it couldn't be the final version of Mavericks.
Maybe they want it reinstalled to check out full installations since that is what the general public will be doing.
Apple hasn't notified anybody about this, so my guess is that Apple is just preparing for the availability of Mavericks and they just uploaded the final version to the App Store. People that had Mavericks in their purchased list, can just download it. It is a nice side effect.
Remember what happened with the first GM? At first the only way to get it was as a full installer. Then a few days later a much smaller updater came out which could update DP8 to GM. I suspect if we wait a few days they may release another smaller updater to update build 13A598 to 13A603.
I tested out the bootable USB installer method I posted for build 13A598 to see if it would work on 13A603: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18081307&postcount=3 It works exactly the same.
exactly, we just have to wait a few days to get the update nstead of full install. It's the new apple way. Current version still have some clear big bugs. I guess until 10.9.2 there will be bugs, just as usual with apple os.