Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Small world!!

That's what they said for me too, there are more flights to Memphis tonight, I honestly think it makes no sense for them to sit on the package for 4 days but we'll see. Really hoping for Monday.

just arrived in Memphis, a one hour flight away from me! Welcome to the east coast Maccy! View attachment 1682396

edit: 14.5 more hours until it's in my city and I can breathe a massive sigh of relief, though I'm already soooo relieved to be in the right coast and so close! They could literally put it on a truck and drive, it would arrive in 8 hours. ?
View attachment 1682406
View attachment 1682407

Mine arrived to Memphis this morning as well. So excited. Weird that I don’t have the import process in AK though...

275CBC05-B751-4366-9E45-391DB475CDD7.jpeg

Gnattu

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2020
@GHalstead @SuperSnake2012 @Eike001 @Hummingbird213 @Kalae #ShanghaiGang2: The Departed

Did those of you who received an update stating your shipments have departed Shanghai today get an update saying that your packages have landed in Tokyo? Or will there be no scans until it arrives in the US? Also, could The Departed update their tracking updates in @Gnattu's spreadsheet? It's going to be helpful to see how many have departed vs how many are still in Shanghai.

@Gnattu Were you able to find any additional flights arriving at or departing in Shanghai? I can't seem to find any. There's one flight, UPS94, which doesn't have any filed destination on Flightradar24 and could be flying toward PVG or SZX.
No additional flights yet, except this "nowhere to nowhere" UPS94(likely Shenzhen)
E070A272-AA16-46F2-8A29-BF0FC1667DAC.png

Last edited:

jdcohnsf

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2020
@GHalstead @SuperSnake2012 @Eike001 @Hummingbird213 @Kalae #ShanghaiGang2: The Departed

Did those of you who received an update stating your shipments have departed Shanghai today get an update saying that your packages have landed in Tokyo? Or will there be no scans until it arrives in the US? Also, could The Departed update their tracking updates in @Gnattu's spreadsheet? It's going to be helpful to see how many have departed vs how many are still in Shanghai.

@Gnattu Were you able to find any additional flights arriving at or departing in Shanghai? I can't seem to find any. There's one flight, UPS94, which doesn't have any filed destination on Flightradar24 and could be flying toward PVG or SZX.
Just woke up to find my package similar to others is no longer marked as exception and has a new scan for departing Shanghai facility on Nov 29 at 4:55 pm. Still no scheduled delivery.

buster84

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Mine arrived to Memphis this morning as well. So excited. Weird that I don’t have the import process in AK though...

View attachment 1682579

Hopefully its fedex and not ups because if its ups they will let it sit in their warehouse until the assigned delivery date. Ive had this happen far to many times. Once they made me wait a full week for a monday delivery when it arrived the tuesdaybefore eventhough it was locally sitting in the warehouse the employee's told me its how ups handles the price differences in shipping. If you paid for ground, you get ground and it wont be delivered sooner.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Hopefully its fedex and not ups because if its ups they will let it sit in their warehouse until the assigned delivery date. Ive had this happen far to many times. Once they made me wait a full week for a monday delivery when it arrived the tuesdaybefore eventhough it was locally sitting in the warehouse the employee's told me its how ups handles the price differences in shipping. If you paid for ground, you get ground and it wont be delivered sooner.
My M1 MBP has been sitting at my local FedEx location since Friday Morning at 7:50AM and shows it’s still “on time” for scheduled delivery on Tuesday. Meanwhile I’ve been off work Friday, Saturday, today, and tomorrow.. back to work Tuesday when it’s scheduled to be delivered. I wish I had any day in this. Seems ridiculous to rush it from China to Aurora, IL in 25 or so hours just for it to sit in a warehouse nearby for 4 days. That’s FedEx, not UPS...

captchas8

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2020
@Eike001 @Hummingbird213
I've added rows for your guys' tracking updates into @Gnattu's spreadsheet:

Since you guys are "macrumors newbies", you may have been one of the people who previously added their tracking to the spreadsheet as "Unregistered". If you could go ahead and add your name to the "Unregistered" row for your tracking and update your status, that would be great. You can delete the "temporary" row I've added after that.

Edit: @sobenz is also in this category - temporary tracking row added but potentially previously unregistered. Please either fill out temp row or update unregistered row.

@felipegz You have also departed Shanghai, except I did not add a row to the Spreadsheet, because I could not find enough details about your order. If you could either label your previously unregistered row or add a row with your details that would be great.

Last edited:

stownsend3

macrumors member
May 9, 2008
Seems like pattern is those that shipped on 11/21 finally made it out, and those that shipped on 11/20 are still waiting - which seems backwards
Yep. No update today from me, UPS still staying its in Shanghai since 11/20.

buster84

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
My M1 MBP has been sitting at my local FedEx location since Friday Morning at 7:50AM and shows it’s still “on time” for scheduled delivery on Tuesday. Meanwhile I’ve been off work Friday, Saturday, today, and tomorrow.. back to work Tuesday when it’s scheduled to be delivered. I wish I had any day in this. Seems ridiculous to rush it from China to Aurora, IL in 25 or so hours just for it to sit in a warehouse nearby for 4 days. That’s FedEx, not UPS...
That sounds right. FedEx doesn’t deliver on the weekends unless it’s paid for and since it arrived Friday at 7:50am instead of 6am or earlier it missed the truck loading and means that it didn’t have a chance at an early deliver. At least for me if it arrived locally early fedex always delivered it to me because they don’t want to let packages sit in their warehouses.

The difference is that ups is a union and fedex isn’t so fedex employees want to go above and beyond to get raises ect... that includes making fedex look good doing faster deliveries but it’s also up to each fedex location to decide on that. Ups for me has never delivered early and that’s been that way for me in both California and Florida.

there is still a chance you will get it tomorrow as long as their is time and room to load it on the truck. The problem is if there’s an overwhelming amount of packages that are scheduled to be due Monday and they have no extra room then Tuesday will be the day. Black Friday and Christmas will cause early delivery’s to not happen as often, but considering it’s Monday right after Black Friday the shipments should be less than they will be next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
That sounds right. FedEx doesn’t deliver on the weekends unless it’s paid for and since it arrived Friday at 7:50am instead of 6am or earlier it missed the truck loading and means that it didn’t have a chance at an early deliver. At least for me if it arrived locally early fedex always delivered it to me because they don’t want to let packages sit in their warehouses.

The difference is that ups is a union and fedex isn’t so fedex employees want to go above and beyond to get raises ect... that includes making fedex look good doing faster deliveries but it’s also up to eat fedex location to decide on that. Ups for me has never delivered early and that’s been that way for me in both California and Florida.

there is still a chance you will get it tomorrow as long as their is time and room to load it on the truck. The problem is if there’s an overwhelming amount of packages that are scheduled to be due Monday and they have no extra room then Tuesday will be the day. Black Friday and Christmas will cause early delivery’s to not happen as often, but considering it’s Monday right after Black Friday the shipments should be less than they will be next week.
I know, I’m just being hopeful I’ll get it tomorrow considering how early it got to the final spot Friday morning. It’d work out perfectly as I’d have all day to set it up! I’ve also had a chance to explain “anticipation” to my daughter ?

Reactions: buster84

aw3524

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015

View attachment 1682579
Same (though mine flew from Japan to TN instead of Alaska, apparently). Definitely getting here next week, but probably sooner than Friday unless they just let it sit in the warehouse for a few days? That’s only a 10h drive to where I am.

Reactions: FreeWoRLD83

jdcohnsf

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2020
Seems like pattern is those that shipped on 11/21 finally made it out, and those that shipped on 11/20 are still waiting - which seems backwards
Departed facility does not mean it necessarily made it out of Shanghai. Often one gets scans for departing facility only to later get scan for arriving at facility in the same location. Presumably indicating the pallet was moved, possibly to a different building or a truck. But it has been 9 hours since the departing scan without a new arrival scan.

• Sad
Reactions: captchas8

captchas8

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2020
Departed facility does not mean it necessarily made it out of Shanghai. Often one gets scans for departing facility only to later get scan for arriving at facility in the same location. Presumably indicating the pallet was moved, possibly to a different building or a truck. But it has been 9 hours since the departing scan without a new arrival scan.
I think the fact that there has not been an arrival scan means that the packages are on their way to Anchorage, Lousville, Eindhoven, or Cologne? We were discussing earlier about how some packages don't get scanned after departure until they've reached Louisville or even the destination city (which someone on this thread noticed happened with the iPhone 12 launch thread)

rtsaws

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2020
Shanghai Gang:
@captchas8 @mooshhie @Fomalhaut @GHalstead @jdcohnsf @rtsaws @Jakes @neworbit99 @xibabla @sobenz

That flight is on its way back to Japan, any of you have tracking updated?
View attachment 1682453
No update for me.

Looks like the only one departing Shanghai with 11/20 original scan is @felipegz - the exact time appears 11/20 5:30pm; unfortunately I am unable to quote the attached image. All others getting out of Shanghai appear to be later than this.

• Sad
Reactions: captchas8

felipegz

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2020
@Eike001 @Hummingbird213
I've added rows for your guys' tracking updates into @Gnattu's spreadsheet:

Since you guys are "macrumors newbies", you may have been one of the people who previously added their tracking to the spreadsheet as "Unregistered". If you could go ahead and add your name to the "Unregistered" row for your tracking and update your status, that would be great. You can delete the "temporary" row I've added after that.

Edit: @sobenz is also in this category - temporary tracking row added but potentially previously unregistered. Please either fill out temp row or update unregistered row.

@felipegz You have also departed Shanghai, except I did not add a row to the Spreadsheet, because I could not find enough details about your order. If you could either label your previously unregistered row or add a row with your details that would be great.
Added mine to the list. Just received an update from UPS though; my M1 MBA is (hopefully!) in Frankfurt. No ETA available yet.

Screenshot_2020-11-29-19-18-52-118_com.ups.mobile.android.jpg

Last edited:

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Sounds horrible to go through that.. Thankfully it’s fedex

Reactions: buster84

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Interesting.. Fedex had the import process done in Memphis instead of Anchorage. I thought imports were being taken care in AK. Delivery date is still showing Friday but hoping to receive before that.

EB6C45BE-0C0F-4A69-BA57-48797317F396.jpeg

buster84

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
I know, I’m just being hopeful I’ll get it tomorrow considering how early it got to the final spot Friday morning. It’d work out perfectly as I’d have all day to set it up! I’ve also had a chance to explain “anticipation” to my daughter ?

oh I’m with you on that. Both of my mba’s arrived in Memphis TN today as well and one was shipped Thursday and the other Friday. I have delivery dates of Thursday the 3rd and Friday the 4th so I’m hoping to get it sooner. In my case they still need to fly to Orlando, so hopefully fedex will make that happen today considering how far and fast it’s already gone.

Reactions: gank41 and jazz1

GHalstead

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
From what I’m piecing together, my package is currently sitting at Tokyo/Narita. That’s where the flight from Shanghai went and I haven’t been scanned since the “departed from facility” in Shanghai yet. There’s a UPS flight scheduled from Anchorage to Tokyo/Narita in about two hours. Hoping that’s where my package will get picked up and brought to the US.

mooshhie

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
No update for me.

Looks like the only one departing Shanghai with 11/20 original scan is @felipegz - the exact time appears 11/20 5:30pm; unfortunately I am unable to quote the attached image. All others getting out of Shanghai appear to be later than this.

No update for me ? this is so depressing! I just want my MacBook! I haven’t called Apple yet, but will later today since I can’t wait until tomorrow to ask them to open an investigation. My order status on Apple’s site shows that it’s “arriving soon,” instead of November 27th now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.