Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Can anyone with a 6s Plus take a pic of the back of the phone (camera cutout) with a silicon case? I feel like the cutout isn't perfectly placed. My camera lens is pushed up against one side of the cutout with the other side having a lot of room. I tried re-adjusting it but this is the only spot it will sit.
Mine is similar but I am using the old leather case for the 6 Plus. Same issues with the camera cutout.

Alex_89

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
Can anyone post the difference between the dimensions of last years silicone conver and this years?

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
No? I've read somewhere that this years version was a bit less bulkier and better overall.

Better yes but less bulkier, I don't find that to be the case and I have both.

Edit, I didn't mean the pun.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I'm not a fan. It has a decent amount of grip but that's about it.

- it is a lint/fluff trap and the fluff gets caught around the edges/corners so is tricky to keep the face of the phone clean.
- the raised lip is good for screen protection but can make swiping from the edge a little tricky, and 3D touching the edge for the task switcher not easy. Unsure about this particular feature though as I appreciate the protection
- I didn't think I'd care about the open bottom (because the corners should still provide some protection from the bottom getting scratched). But the bottom edge of the cover digs into my little finger when I have it propped up in one hand.

Reactions: trborex

SYMPATHY2

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
just got a silicone case from a friend abroad :)

Attachments

• IMG_3994.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG
    963.6 KB · Views: 496

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
- it is a lint/fluff trap and the fluff gets caught around the edges/corners so is tricky to keep the face of the phone clean.

I have the 6S PRODUCT RED version and I don't have any issues with lint in either my suit slacks or my jeans. However, I did have an issue with Lint on the older 6 model in Grey.

- the raised lip is good for screen protection but can make swiping from the edge a little tricky, and 3D touching the edge for the task switcher not easy. Unsure about this particular feature though as I appreciate the protection

I find if I rest the tip of my thumb on the lip and press with the base of my thumb I am able to work it well.

- I didn't think I'd care about the open bottom (because the corners should still provide some protection from the bottom getting scratched). But the bottom edge of the cover digs into my little finger when I have it propped up in one hand.

I can kind of see that but the case is soft enough to the touch not to be a major deal breaker.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
I've always had the leather case on my 6plus. Bought the 6s plus bought the saddle brown but yesterday I also bought the silicone product red. I really like it. No lint problem I like the feel n grip- looks good on the SG 6s plus.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
My grey silicone case for the 6S is feeling more slippery now that I've used it for over a week. Debating going back to my black leather 6S case.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
My grey silicone case for the 6S is feeling more slippery now that I've used it for over a week. Debating going back to my black leather 6S case.

That's odd since both the older 6 model and the newer 6S version feel more grippy after extended use.

SYMPATHY2

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
Personally I do not recommend silicone case
After only two weeks of use it begins to peel at the bottom corner without even fell / got hit :(

Reactions: chochoice

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
it seems like the red one for some reason attracts less lint for some reason based on what i am reading

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
it seems like the red one for some reason attracts less lint for some reason based on what i am reading

Yeah that's what I have. Guess people don't know how to do laundry lol no lint problem on the red. I've had it now for three weeks no peeling. People must be rough on their cases I never have a wear problem

macnoodle

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Mine looks like this. Would you return this. I'm annoyed.
Did you get a replacement silicone case? Is your new case any better?

Reason I ask: I just replaced my slippery leather case (with perfectly placed camera cutout) with the silicone case which has a camera cutout positioned much like the one in your pic. Just wondering if it's worth exchanging for another silicone case (I prefer the feel and grip of the silicone case), or whether they might all be like that.

macnoodle

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
These new 2015 silicone cases are ridiculously fragile, compared to the 2014 version. I have had an iPhone 6 is a blue silicone case for a year, and that case has held up to all kinds of unintentional abuse. I have had my new iPhone 6S Plus a blue silicone case for less than 30 minutes (the case just arrived today), and the bottom corner of the case is already peeling off! WTF!!!

Needless to say, I will be sticking with my Apple leather case for the time being. The silicone case is going back.

SYMPATHY2

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
These new 2015 silicone cases are ridiculously fragile, compared to the 2014 version. I have had an iPhone 6 is a blue silicone case for a year, and that case has held up to all kinds of unintentional abuse. I have had my new iPhone 6S Plus a blue silicone case for less than 30 minutes (the case just arrived today), and the bottom corner of the case is already peeling off! WTF!!!

Needless to say, I will be sticking with my Apple leather case for the time being. The silicone case is going back.

You can replace the silicone case, its new... or you prefer the leather case?
my silicone case began to peel off at the right corner after 2 weeks... dont know why is that, my phone never get any hit or fall down.

enivree

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
Had been using the Lavender 6s case for about a month, so far pretty good.

I bought the midnight blue silicone when first released but realized that oil smudge and lint are pretty obvious in the dark shade so I returned it, despite the fact I love how smooth it feels. After a few weeks of using Spigen New Hybird, I decided to give the silicone case another try, this time bought Lavender. I find the lints do not bother me as much on a light coloured case and oil smudge doesn't show as well. I have no peeling issues.

Mikeekam

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2015
I bought the silicone case yesterday, is it just me or the case is bulky?
there is a lip around that keeps the screen looks bulky, already has some dust between the case to screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.