Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
00cc2401e6fddc8a203d4152e4cd509a.jpg

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Does anyone else feel like the material is rubbing off on their fingers when handling the new case. I've only had it for a day but it already feels more rubbery since yesterday and my fingers feel sticky after.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Are the new cases the same material as the sport bands? That would make sense that they're not too grippy. Maybe they won't pick up lint like the old ones.

Edit: also, how closely do the colors match with the corresponding sport bands?
They are definitely more grippy than the sport band. I wish they were more like the sport bands because it's hard to get in and out of my pocket.

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I bought the white silicon case but I think I am going to take it back. It makes the phone look too much like a iPhone 5C

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
They are definitely more grippy than the sport band. I wish they were more like the sport bands because it's hard to get in and out of my pocket.

I just got my red one and it's a little different than the red sport band. The red of the case is even brighter than the sport band. Materials feel different too. I wish the cases were the same as the bands.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Picked up a Midnight Blue silicone case today for my SG 6S+ and I really like how it feels in the hands. Not too grippy but not too smooth like the leather case is out of the box. Might wind up being my go to case.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
I just got my red one and it's a little different than the red sport band. The red of the case is even brighter than the sport band. Materials feel different too. I wish the cases were the same as the bands.
Yeah it still is hard to get in and out of a pocket. I also feel like part of it may be rubbing off on my fingers but maybe I'm just crazy.

jck1634

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
I bought the black silicone for my 6 Plus today and I'm really happy with it. I tried the leather one at the store, but it was more slippery than the silicone.

The case definitely has a good grip to it and does not add too much bulk. I have been buying very thin cases for my previous phones, but really liked the Apple silicone case because of the extra grip and protection. For a 6 Plus, you'll want that grip if you attempt to use the phone one handed!
Just bought the white for my 6s plus gold and these are my thoughts exactly
I've got a Nodus leather shell case on preorder so it didn't make sense to get the apple leather one

ginwrak

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
^ I would have to say its personnel preference. When I had the I6, I really like the black leather. but when I upgraded to the I6s+ I went with the silicone.

It just felt better in my hand then the leather did when I tried it at the store.

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Having tried both the leather and silicone (the new versions) -- the silicone is the winner for me personally this time around. Much nicer feel in the hand and doesn't attract lint and wear as badly as the previous generation. On top of that the leather doesn't fit well for me.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
No. It still picks up lint. Doesn't seem to be quite as bad as last year's case but it's still there. Not too noticeable on my midnight blue, though.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Alas! Alas! The White iPhone 6s Silicone Case I received STILL PICKS UP LINT! I was wearing a shorts over the weekend and didn't get one lint stray on my immaculate case and was amazed.

BUT.

After a short car ride with my phone in my blue jeans, I pulled the sucker out and lo and behold, lint, lint - LINT EVERYWHERE! Alas, as other have said, the lint absorption is not as bad as last year's model but still noticeable for me.

Alas! Alas! This case will go back. Was I an ass, an ass...

maayan88

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2015
Alas! Alas! The White iPhone 6s Silicone Case I received STILL PICKS UP LINT! I was wearing a shorts over the weekend and didn't get one lint stray on my immaculate case and was amazed.

BUT.

After a short car ride with my phone in my blue jeans, I pulled the sucker out and lo and behold, lint, lint - LINT EVERYWHERE! Alas, as other have said, the lint absorption is not as bad as last year's model but still noticeable for me.

wondering to buy the new white silicone, or saddle leather
I had the white silicone of iphone 6 I love the combo, but its like a magnet of lint(!) and fur of my dog, therefore, I didn't put this on my phone anymore....
the leather is better?

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
wondering to buy the new white silicone, or saddle leather
I had the white silicone of iphone 6 I love the combo, but its like a magnet of lint(!) and fur of my dog, therefore, I didn't put this on my phone anymore....
the leather is better?

It'll depend on what you're looking for. In terms of lint, the leather cases will not attract any. But in say my case, where I'm looking for grip, which the silicone does have, the Leather may only be "grippy" until after you wear it in, though it's a bit slick on the onset.

Thinking of a Tech21 Evo Sport Mesh myself now...

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013

BUT.

Tom Bombadill? Is that you??

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
I just bought the Midnight Blue Silicone case for my 6S. I had the Midnight Blue Leather case for my 6 and by now it just looks Black. Yuck. Hopefully the Silicon case color won't do the same over a years time.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Is there anyway to remove the stickiness of this case. I like the look of it but it's damn near impossible to get in and out of my pockets. It's also a lint magnet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.